Prepare to Survive (Short)
This brief FBI training video describes how to employ the run, hide, and fight tactics to survive an active shooter incident. Although set in a house of worship, these principles can be applied anywhere.
Narrator: Active shooter incidents are rare, but they happen.
You CAN survive.
Scan for exits during a mass gathering to help shorten your reaction time and overcome the tendency to freeze.
Survival is tied to ACTION.
RUN if you can.
If you can't run,
HIDE in a secure place.
FIGHT only if you must, find something to use as a weapon and DON'T fight fair.
Go to fbi.gov/survive to learn more.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In