Prepare to Survive (Short)
This brief FBI training video describes how to employ the run, hide, and fight tactics to survive an active shooter incident. Although set in a house of worship, these principles can be applied anywhere.
Narrator: Active shooter incidents are rare, but they happen.
You CAN survive.
Scan for exits during a mass gathering to help shorten your reaction time and overcome the tendency to freeze.
Survival is tied to ACTION.
RUN if you can.
If you can't run,
HIDE in a secure place.
FIGHT only if you must, find something to use as a weapon and DON'T fight fair.
Go to fbi.gov/survive to learn more.
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.08.2020 — Ashley Forbes: Nobody in Town Goes Missing Like This
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case