FBI Recruitment Event in Portland, Oregon
The FBI held a recruiting event seeking applicant with diverse backgrounds for positions as special agents in Portland, Oregon on April 23, 2019.
Loren Cannon, Jr., special agent in Charge, Portland Division: As the United States becomes more and more diverse, our goal is to make sure that we become more diverse with it. We need to reflect the community that we serve so we can serve it better.
Interviewer: So, there’s big emphasis on bringing women in tonight. Why is that?
Caryn Ackerman, special agent: We need to have more women in the FBI because we have 50% of the population made up of women, but also because diverse backgrounds contribute to our ability to complete the mission and that’s serving the American people.
So tell us why you’re here tonight.
I’m here because I’ve been interested in the Bureau for the past 10 years and I’m really excited to learn more about the application process, meet agents, talk to different squads, and just learn more and absorb everything I possibly can.
Interviewer: What would you like to do in the FBI?
I would say terrorism, or anti-terrorism. So, I think that’d be cool and that really intrigues me.
Interviewer: Why is it important that the FBI has a diverse work force?
Pete Collier, retired special agent: Well diversity is...I mean it’s critical. Especially in law enforcement. Because there’s not a boilerplate for police officers, or FBI agents. That we all come from different backgrounds, different ethnicities, different experiences. And I think the totality of those experiences makes us better and stronger.
Cannon: We really appreciate all of the candidates who came out tonight and all of the community partners who helped us to make tonight a great event. But if you weren’t able to come out tonight then check our webpage. Just because you couldn’t get to the Diversity Agent Recruiting event doesn’t mean that you might not want to be an agent with the FBI. So check us out and apply.
- 09.29.2020 — FBI Dallas Describes Role in Protecting Election Process
- 09.25.2020 — Protecting Elections
- 09.25.2020 — Seeking Information in 'Peggy' Lammers Death in Deltaville, Virginia
- 09.25.2020 — FBI Jacksonville's Rachel Rojas Marks Hispanic Heritage Month
- 09.22.2020 — JCODE Operation Uncovers Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 09.21.2020 — FBI Tampa Division Encourages Voters to Protect Their Voice
- 09.21.2020 — Prepare to Survive (Short)
- 09.21.2020 — Prepare to Survive
- 09.21.2020 — Run. Hide. Fight.
- 09.21.2020 — Run. Hide. Fight. (Trailer)
- 09.17.2020 — New Charges, Plea Deals in SF City Hall Corruption Investigation
- 09.17.2020 — FBI Charlotte Honors Interns Talk About Their Experiences
- 09.17.2020 — Director Wray Voices Support for Police During House Testimony
- 09.16.2020 — Director Wray Addresses CISA Cybersecurity Summit
- 08.26.2020 — FBI Portland Issues Statement on Unrest and Requests Public Tips
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Information in Pharmaceutical Robberies in Maryland and Pennsylvania
- 08.21.2020 — FBI Kansas City - 100th Anniversary
- 08.21.2020 — Seeking Missing 21-Year-Old Mother; $10,000 Reward for Information
- 08.20.2020 — FBI Statement on the Charging of Former Uber CSO for Covering Up 2016 Hack
- 08.20.2020 — Seeking Information in Kansas City Mobile Phone Store Robberies