FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
Michael Christman, special agent in charge of the FBI in Pittsburgh, said he is proud to stand with law enforcement partners from around the globe to announce major indictment.
Hi, my name is Michael Christman and I’m the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States.
I’m proud to stand with our law enforcement partners from around the globe to announce this major indictment. The QQAAZZ group and its members opened and maintained hundreds of bank accounts at financial institutions in numerous countries throughout the world. They utilized these bank accounts to receive and launder money stolen by cybercriminals from unsuspecting victims and their respective financial institutions, including here in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
This has been an extensive investigation, involving partners from more than a dozen countries. Unfortunately, these types of transnational organized cyber investigations are not the first of its kind and I’m sure it won’t be the last. The FBI, and our partners will continue to work tirelessly to combat these cyber threats. Cyber threats are increasing, not just in size and scope, but also in their complexity. I can tell you the FBI is engaged in numerous efforts to combat cyber threats, from improving threat identification and information sharing, to examining the way we operate to disrupt and defeat these threats. I want to thank all of our partners across the globe who helped secure the charges against these 20 people. Without you, these types of investigations would be far more difficult.
- 06.30.2022 — Ruja Ignatova Promotes OneCoin at London Event
- 06.29.2022 — FBI and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Sextortion PSA
- 06.14.2022 — Footage from Charlotte, North Carolina, Mass Shooting on June 22, 2020
- 05.17.2022 — Domestic Security Alliance Council
- 05.11.2022 — National Senior Fraud Awareness Day
- 05.10.2022 — Director Wray's 2022 National Police Week Address
- 04.28.2022 — National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 04.28.2022 — FBI Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Promotional Video
- 04.18.2022 — Missouri Bomb Task Force Renders Safe a Cannonball
- 04.05.2022 — Former Director William Webster Offers Warning About Elder Fraud
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Oregon Cyber Task Force
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Regional Computer Forensics Lab
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Cyber Special Agent
- 03.07.2022 — Made in Beijing: The Plan for Global Market Domination
- 03.02.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Fast Boat
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Night Vision Goggles
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo & FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo Hate Crimes PSA