FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
Michael Christman, special agent in charge of the FBI in Pittsburgh, said he is proud to stand with law enforcement partners from around the globe to announce major indictment.
Hi, my name is Michael Christman and I’m the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States.
I’m proud to stand with our law enforcement partners from around the globe to announce this major indictment. The QQAAZZ group and its members opened and maintained hundreds of bank accounts at financial institutions in numerous countries throughout the world. They utilized these bank accounts to receive and launder money stolen by cybercriminals from unsuspecting victims and their respective financial institutions, including here in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
This has been an extensive investigation, involving partners from more than a dozen countries. Unfortunately, these types of transnational organized cyber investigations are not the first of its kind and I’m sure it won’t be the last. The FBI, and our partners will continue to work tirelessly to combat these cyber threats. Cyber threats are increasing, not just in size and scope, but also in their complexity. I can tell you the FBI is engaged in numerous efforts to combat cyber threats, from improving threat identification and information sharing, to examining the way we operate to disrupt and defeat these threats. I want to thank all of our partners across the globe who helped secure the charges against these 20 people. Without you, these types of investigations would be far more difficult.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In