FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
"It’s an essential program for the FBI, to be able to connect with young people and obtain their perspective and their insight and use that perspective to be able to continue to evolve and grow and improve as an agency."
Student 1: You come here and you get to ask real-life FBI agents, SWAT, media reporters—anything like that, what are you doing to help civilians like us on an everyday basis. And it’s not something you get taught in your history class in high school.
Student 2: It’s nothing how they have on like Criminal Minds. It’s more reality.
ASAC: I was amazed at this kind of thing, everyone’s going to either be a criminal justice major or their going to be more former military like myself.
SAC: It’s an essential program for the FBI, to be able to connect with young people and obtain their perspective and their insight and use that perspective to be able to continue to evolve and grow and improve as an agency. It’s also an opportunity for us to provide them with insight into what we do and how we do it and open their minds up to the rewards of public service and even a career in the FBI, which could go well beyond the special agent position that most people think about.
SSA: 3, 2, 1. Voila!
Student 3: I love the flash bang. It’s a wonderful opportunity. It’s just a workday, take a day out of your schedule and come experience this.
ERT: You’ll see these on TV a lot. They’re called Tyvek suits.
Student 4: Yeah, it’s a cool experience.
ERT: Tell me what do you guys see of interest?
Student 5: A water bottle, torn up and these two pieces were separated from one another.
ERT: What would be on there that would be of interest to us?
Student 6: finger prints.
Student 6: It’s been interesting just to see more and more about what goes on in the FBI.
Student 3: I like putting the pieces together, kind of like a puzzle, solving the crime from beginning to end.
Student 1: This is a real-life FBI. You can't just type into Safari: what does a real-life FBI agent do on a day-to-day basis?
SAC: It takes some of the mystery out of what we do and how we do it.
Student 1: This is a once in a life time experience and when you get the opportunity to come to the FBI house, take it because this is information people don’t just learn on a daily basis.
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Charity Scams
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In