FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
"It’s an essential program for the FBI, to be able to connect with young people and obtain their perspective and their insight and use that perspective to be able to continue to evolve and grow and improve as an agency."
Student 1: You come here and you get to ask real-life FBI agents, SWAT, media reporters—anything like that, what are you doing to help civilians like us on an everyday basis. And it’s not something you get taught in your history class in high school.
Student 2: It’s nothing how they have on like Criminal Minds. It’s more reality.
ASAC: I was amazed at this kind of thing, everyone’s going to either be a criminal justice major or their going to be more former military like myself.
SAC: It’s an essential program for the FBI, to be able to connect with young people and obtain their perspective and their insight and use that perspective to be able to continue to evolve and grow and improve as an agency. It’s also an opportunity for us to provide them with insight into what we do and how we do it and open their minds up to the rewards of public service and even a career in the FBI, which could go well beyond the special agent position that most people think about.
SSA: 3, 2, 1. Voila!
Student 3: I love the flash bang. It’s a wonderful opportunity. It’s just a workday, take a day out of your schedule and come experience this.
ERT: You’ll see these on TV a lot. They’re called Tyvek suits.
Student 4: Yeah, it’s a cool experience.
ERT: Tell me what do you guys see of interest?
Student 5: A water bottle, torn up and these two pieces were separated from one another.
ERT: What would be on there that would be of interest to us?
Student 6: finger prints.
Student 6: It’s been interesting just to see more and more about what goes on in the FBI.
Student 3: I like putting the pieces together, kind of like a puzzle, solving the crime from beginning to end.
Student 1: This is a real-life FBI. You can't just type into Safari: what does a real-life FBI agent do on a day-to-day basis?
SAC: It takes some of the mystery out of what we do and how we do it.
Student 1: This is a once in a life time experience and when you get the opportunity to come to the FBI house, take it because this is information people don’t just learn on a daily basis.
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago