FBI Partnerships and the Office of Private Sector
Leaders in the private sector and the FBI describe the need to work as partners. The FBI's Office of Private Sector builds, enhances, and supports strategic relationships with private industry and academia to protect economic and national security.
Hello, I’m Roger Staubach and I love the FBI. The private sector is America’s engine for advancement and prosperity. Successful businesses drive growth, create jobs, and promote economic strength and stability. Because economic security greatly impacts national security.
The FBI’s Office of Private Sector works to provide one voice for the FBI, connecting industry leaders and FBI professionals to address the emerging threats facing the private sector.
The Office of Private Sector’s mission is to protect economic and national security by strengthening the FBI’s relationships with U.S. private industry and academia.
We are in over 200 countries in the world. And so, wherever I go, anywhere, I can always call on the FBI office. I can always get them to help me with whatever threat I’m facing. To work with them and their knowledge of that industry and the threats really does help us stay up to speed. I call it our secret sauce.
But economic espionage now dominates the FBI’s counterintelligence program, which means that more than ever the adversaries targets are your assets. Your ideas, your innovation, your R & D, your technology. Those of you in the private sector are going to be confronting these kinds of problems more and more often, more and more urgently with each passing day.
OPS facilitates bilateral information sharing between the private sector and the FBI. Disseminating appropriate FBI analytical products in a timely manner to private sector entities.
The Chamber tries to be the connective tissue between the government and the private sector. Having one place that we can call and get answers or get directed to the appropriate resources has been extremely helpful both to us but also to our members. And as external organization, it is phenomenally important to have a resource like that at our disposal.
The Academia Program strengthens relationships between the FBI and academic institutions and associations.
We have regular communication and coordination with the FBI. The FBI identified, for instance, a foreign research lab that was a threat to our national security, and as a result of that timely information we were able to terminate the relationship with that particular organization. FBI provides our senior leadership with regular threat briefings that are extremely important to securing all of our research. It’s a huge asset to our university’s security.
The Domestic Security Alliance Council, also known as DSAC, is a strategic partnership that promotes and strengthens U.S. national and economic security through strong government and private sector security partnerships, with its member companies representing every critical sector of the U.S. economy.
The more a company engages with us, about what we’re worried about and what threats they’re seeing, the more we can leverage each other for a common defense.
We partner with the FBI pretty much daily, weekly for sure. We collaborate on a lot of different strategies, there’s a lot of information and intelligence being shared, that really allows us from a NASCAR perspective, particularly security, to be our very best on behalf of our fans, our drivers, our team owners, our employees. They deserve our best.
Jacksonville is a large area, and as more people are coming in, that means more problems, more threats, more challenges, and that’s where the private sector relationship is critical, because without the private sector partnerships we would never be as successful. Because in order to prevent crime and terrorists, you can’t do it alone.
I would say that strengthening partnerships with America’s most innovative companies supports the FBI in identifying threats, as well as its mission, to protect the American people and the U.S. economy. This is what we want, and need to do.
About 85% of the critical infrastructure in the United States is held by the private sector. When we can share information with them about what we see, and they can share information back with us about what they see, it just gives us a whole threat picture that we can actually do a whole of society against all these different cyber threat actors.
Our partnership with the FBI is exceptional, and its, quite frankly, its needed. Because our nation, our security, our safety, our well-being depends so much on it. Our corporate assets are people, very very high profile, they are subject to threats, all kinds of nefarious criminal enterprises and attempts and scams, you name it. A lot of the things that happen with us, we immediately coordinate with the FBI.
The InfraGard program provides a vehicle for public-private collaboration with the U.S. government to expedite the timely exchange of information. InfraGard has chapters across the United States with tens of thousands of members, each dedicated to contributing industry-specific insight and advancing national security.
OPS’s activities play a key role in supporting the Director’s strategic focus on partnerships as a guiding principle in the FBI strategy through its efforts to strengthen, expand, and develop mutually beneficial relationships with the private sector.
The value of the Office of Private Sector is the diversity we bring among our backgrounds, our security professionals, our organizations, and everybody comes with a different experience. So it allows us to open our minds, to see things differently when we’re problem solving to mitigate any risks to our organizations.
As private sector coordinator, I’m here to listen to a corporation’s concerns, help them identify risk, and then through partnerships, mitigate those risks.
Start your partnership today, by calling your local field office, and asking for the private sector coordinator.
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Alex Silverstein
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Justin Brannon
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Lauren Regucci
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks
- 03.03.2023 — FBI Pittsburgh joint operation_03032023
- 02.09.2023 — Chinese High-Altitude Balloon Recovery
- 02.06.2023 — Inside The FBI Podcast: For The Love Of Money
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
FBI Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for news on the FBI, sent out every week.