New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Remarks on FBI During Coronavirus
New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Bryan Vorndran speaks about the New Orleans division's role during national emergency.
Hello, my name is Bryan Vorndran, special agent in charge of the FBI New Orleans Field Office. I am speaking with you today, to share information about what the special agents, intelligence analysts, and professional staff of the FBI New Orleans office are doing during the current pandemic to protect Louisiana citizens.
During this unprecedented time, I want to assure you that our mission to protect the United States of America and defend the constitution has not changed. Our employees continue to take complaints from the public and conduct investigations in tandem with our federal, state, and local law enforcement partners to keep you safe. Likewise, we continue to engage both our community and private sector partners to share information and find better ways to execute our mission.
In keeping with federal guidelines for combatting the spread and contraction of COVID-19, we have modified our safety procedures to protect our employees and the citizens in our community. FBI agents and response teams wear personal protective equipment during interviews, searches, and arrests.
Despite the obstacles COVID-19 has created, FBI New Orleans has sustained our operational requirements and we continue to investigate public corruption, violent crime, terrorism, cyber and counterintelligence matters as well as fraud that threaten our community. Despite our efforts, threat actors continue to engage in criminal activity. In fact, we are seeing individuals currently trying to exploit the current COVID-19 pandemic. These individuals are engaged in price gouging, attempted sales of counterfeit Personal Protective Equipment and a host of other fraud schemes designed to take advantage of you.
We are relying on the public to provide any information regarding criminal activity and we encourage you to report this activity to us at 800-CALLFBI or tips.fbi.gov.
Additionally, Coronavirus related fraud can also be reported to the National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF) at 866-720-5721 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. FBI New Orleans employees and our Task Force Officers across the state are working diligently to eliminate COVID-19 related fraud. Please do your part and report any instances or suspected instances of fraud directly to the FBI or to the National Center for Disaster Fraud.
In closing I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the medical professionals, first responders, fellow law enforcement officers, and FBI Agents who remain on the frontlines treating patients and protecting our community during this crisis. Without you, countless more lives would be at risk. Lastly, I’d like to thank our community for your unwavering support of the FBI. We hope that you and your loved ones remain healthy, safe, and physically distanced.
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Alex Silverstein
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Justin Brannon
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Lauren Regucci
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks
- 03.03.2023 — FBI Pittsburgh joint operation_03032023
- 02.09.2023 — Chinese High-Altitude Balloon Recovery
- 02.06.2023 — Inside The FBI Podcast: For The Love Of Money
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
FBI Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for news on the FBI, sent out every week.