New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Remarks on FBI During Coronavirus
New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Bryan Vorndran speaks about the New Orleans division's role during national emergency.
Hello, my name is Bryan Vorndran, special agent in charge of the FBI New Orleans Field Office. I am speaking with you today, to share information about what the special agents, intelligence analysts, and professional staff of the FBI New Orleans office are doing during the current pandemic to protect Louisiana citizens.
During this unprecedented time, I want to assure you that our mission to protect the United States of America and defend the constitution has not changed. Our employees continue to take complaints from the public and conduct investigations in tandem with our federal, state, and local law enforcement partners to keep you safe. Likewise, we continue to engage both our community and private sector partners to share information and find better ways to execute our mission.
In keeping with federal guidelines for combatting the spread and contraction of COVID-19, we have modified our safety procedures to protect our employees and the citizens in our community. FBI agents and response teams wear personal protective equipment during interviews, searches, and arrests.
Despite the obstacles COVID-19 has created, FBI New Orleans has sustained our operational requirements and we continue to investigate public corruption, violent crime, terrorism, cyber and counterintelligence matters as well as fraud that threaten our community. Despite our efforts, threat actors continue to engage in criminal activity. In fact, we are seeing individuals currently trying to exploit the current COVID-19 pandemic. These individuals are engaged in price gouging, attempted sales of counterfeit Personal Protective Equipment and a host of other fraud schemes designed to take advantage of you.
We are relying on the public to provide any information regarding criminal activity and we encourage you to report this activity to us at 800-CALLFBI or tips.fbi.gov.
Additionally, Coronavirus related fraud can also be reported to the National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF) at 866-720-5721 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. FBI New Orleans employees and our Task Force Officers across the state are working diligently to eliminate COVID-19 related fraud. Please do your part and report any instances or suspected instances of fraud directly to the FBI or to the National Center for Disaster Fraud.
In closing I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the medical professionals, first responders, fellow law enforcement officers, and FBI Agents who remain on the frontlines treating patients and protecting our community during this crisis. Without you, countless more lives would be at risk. Lastly, I’d like to thank our community for your unwavering support of the FBI. We hope that you and your loved ones remain healthy, safe, and physically distanced.
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023
- 08.29.2023 — FBI Director Christopher Wray Announces Major Operation Targeting the Qakbot Botnet
- 08.23.2023 — Little Rock Operation Cross Country 2023
- 08.18.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Searching for Steven
- 08.16.2023 — FBI Kansas Intern Experience 2023
- 08.15.2023 — Susan Wright talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Dave Kadela talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Britany Perkins DAR Video
- 08.14.2023 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 08.08.2023 — Making Sense of FISA Section 702
- 08.01.2023 — Video Footage from Operation Cross Country 13
- 07.31.2023 — Defending Against AI Threats
- 07.28.2023 — FBI Dallas Joint Operation Targets Gang Members, Violent Criminals
- 07.27.2023 — FBI Columbia Citizens Academy
- 07.27.2023 — Identity Theft Victim Shares Her Story
- 07.26.2023 — Director Wray Addresses FBI Atlanta Cyber Threat Summit
- 07.26.2023 — FBI Cyber and Nebraska Farm Bureau
- 07.24.2023 — Director Wray NOBLE Speech
- 07.20.2023 — Director Wray Lauds the FBI's Partnerships