Virginia Cold Cases
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about an unknown suspect in two cold cases.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about an unknown suspect in two cold cases.
Dino Cappuzzo: There has been an award posted for this, it’s $150,000. And, I encourage you to call in with information because that small piece of information that you call in with may entitle you to claim that $150,000.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is “Wanted by the FBI”. Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington left early from a rock concert in Charlottesville, VA on October 17, 2009. She was last seen hitchhiking on a busy street outside of the concert arena. Special Agent Dino Cappuzzo of the Virginia State Police says in January the next year…
Cappuzzo: Her body was found on a very large farm in a rural area of Ablemarle county about 10 miles south from where she was last seen.
Halpern: DNA links the suspect to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia.
Capuzzo: And that forensic evidence that we have gives us the ability to eliminate folks who don’t have any involvement in this.
Halpern: It also gives investigators the ability to determine who is responsible for both crimes.
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics
- 12.13.2017 — Milwaukee-Area Pharmacy Robberies
- 11.30.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Jesus Roberto Munguia
- 11.21.2017 — FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center