Virginia Cold Cases
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about an unknown suspect in two cold cases.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about an unknown suspect in two cold cases.
Dino Cappuzzo: There has been an award posted for this, it’s $150,000. And, I encourage you to call in with information because that small piece of information that you call in with may entitle you to claim that $150,000.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is “Wanted by the FBI”. Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington left early from a rock concert in Charlottesville, VA on October 17, 2009. She was last seen hitchhiking on a busy street outside of the concert arena. Special Agent Dino Cappuzzo of the Virginia State Police says in January the next year…
Cappuzzo: Her body was found on a very large farm in a rural area of Ablemarle county about 10 miles south from where she was last seen.
Halpern: DNA links the suspect to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia.
Capuzzo: And that forensic evidence that we have gives us the ability to eliminate folks who don’t have any involvement in this.
Halpern: It also gives investigators the ability to determine who is responsible for both crimes.
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: The Opportunities for Linguists
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: What We Do and How to be Successful
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Why My Work Matters
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Serving My Country
- 08.15.2016 — FBI Linguists: Key Skills and Testing
- 08.15.2016 — FBI Linguists: Diversity and Culture in the FBI
- 08.08.2016 — Video Footage of Suspect in 2008 Times Square Bombing
- 08.04.2016 — FBI This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams
- 07.25.2016 — John Perren Describes the WMD Directorate's National Improvised Explosives Familiarization Course
- 07.15.2016 — FBI Counters Illicit Diamond Trafficking and Trade
- 07.15.2016 — FBI Crisis Response Canines
- 07.12.2016 — FBI Seeks Wanted Serial Child Abductor
- 07.05.2016 — FBI Forensic Artist Creates Facial Approximations from Skulls
- 06.22.2016 — Philadelphia J.B. Merrick Robbery
- 06.15.2016 — Clues Sought in Unsolved East Area Rapist Case
- 06.02.2016 — FBI Seeking Information on Armed Robbers of Gun Shop
- 06.02.2016 — FBI Returns Darwin Letter to Smithsonian Archives
- 05.25.2016 — FBI Houston Marks 10-Year Anniversary of Enron Case