Sights and Sounds of Pre-Deployment Training
Sights and sounds from training FBI personnel receive before deploying to combat theaters in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Instructor: Good morning everybody.
Students: Good morning
Instructor: For the next 16 hours we're going to be providing you with a course that I'll think you'll find very interesting, very relevent, and very useful to the world you're about to go into overseas.
Instructor #2: Alright, so yesterday you learned some skills, today you learned some skills, you got the introduction to scenario stuff. Now you guys are experts. You've gone through three scenario-based trainings, you understand all the ins and outs, you understand that mannequins don't really talk a whole lot, uh, and we're going to go through this last one and have some fun and make some good decisions.
Instructor #3: You see the backs of all those helmets and everybody's attention is focused the other way? That's when they're going to light you up. They're going to light you up. And they take delight in doing it.
[Gunfire and yelling]
Instructor #3: Again, your choice. Ready? Up.
[Rifle fire, bullets hitting metal targets]
Instructor #3: Go ahead and load two 20-round magazines; pass out two dummies to each group and make sure they have at least one in each magazine
[chatter and mechanical sounds]
[wind blowing, metal clanging on flagpole]
Instructor #4: That's NGRS right there. Ok, so you know you have a WIGS-84 NGRS map, you have your magnetic north, you have a scale, you have enough to go on. The one below is a freebie. That's an overhead shot, obviously, from a satellite.
Instructor #5: You're not going to have to roll 10 fingers or slap 10 fingers and then do the four-finger slaps and the thumbs; you just do fingers and thumbs and it's going to fill in. And I'll show how that works and just do it on my own.
Instructor #6: So with this mock environment that we provide we're able to determine: is that someone that is safe to their comrades and to themselves overseas. And we're trying to do everything we can to minimize potential dangers.
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 1
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 3
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 2
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 6
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 4
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 5
- 06.08.2021 — FBI Dallas Warns of Elder Fraud Crimes
- 06.08.2021 — Swedish Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Netherlands Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — New Zealand Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Australian Federal Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #134
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #106
- 05.18.2021 — Seeking Information: Indianapolis, May 30, 2020
- 05.11.2021 — Director Wray's 2021 Police Week Message
- 05.05.2021 — FBI Outreach Includes Navajo-Language Posters
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Upgrade to Passphrases
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Buffalo Warns of Grandparent Scams
- 04.21.2021 — FBI Chicago Reaches Out to Asian Community on Hate Crimes
- 04.20.2021 — FBI Detroit Warns About Dangers of Sextortion