Seeking Amparo Hernandez and Eddy Vasquez
The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels. Amparo Montas Hernandez, who is known as Iris, and her son, Eddy Vasquez, staffed the southwest Florida brothels with illegal immigrants from Central and South America.I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Special Agent James Roncinske, of the Tampa Division, says…
Rocinske: Iris was the actual operator, the brains behind the whole organization; and her son was allegedly an enforcer.
Halpern: The FBI received information that the girls staffing the brothels were either underage or were paying off debt to human smugglers known as “coyotes,” who snuck them across the U.S. border.
Roncinske: We eventually charged them with the federal charge of harboring illegal aliens.
Halpern: The mother and son took off to their native county of the Dominican Republic, where they may still be today. For descriptions and photos, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have any information about this case, contact your local FBI office.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics