Seeking Amparo Hernandez and Eddy Vasquez
The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels. Amparo Montas Hernandez, who is known as Iris, and her son, Eddy Vasquez, staffed the southwest Florida brothels with illegal immigrants from Central and South America.I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Special Agent James Roncinske, of the Tampa Division, says…
Rocinske: Iris was the actual operator, the brains behind the whole organization; and her son was allegedly an enforcer.
Halpern: The FBI received information that the girls staffing the brothels were either underage or were paying off debt to human smugglers known as “coyotes,” who snuck them across the U.S. border.
Roncinske: We eventually charged them with the federal charge of harboring illegal aliens.
Halpern: The mother and son took off to their native county of the Dominican Republic, where they may still be today. For descriptions and photos, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have any information about this case, contact your local FBI office.
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 02.21.2017 — Flag-Raising Honors Fallen Agent Edwin R. Woodriffe
- 02.13.2017 — Victim of Romance Scam Tells Her Story
- 02.13.2017 — Special Agent Christine Beining Describes Romance Scams
- 02.07.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Women Special Agents
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Sacramento Missing Person Elijah Moore Surveillance Footage
- 02.06.2017 — FBI Wanted App Promo Video
- 01.30.2017 — Houston FBI Prepares for 2017 Super Bowl
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI