Seeking Amparo Hernandez and Eddy Vasquez
The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is on the lookout for a mother and son whose family business allegedly included running brothels. Amparo Montas Hernandez, who is known as Iris, and her son, Eddy Vasquez, staffed the southwest Florida brothels with illegal immigrants from Central and South America.I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Special Agent James Roncinske, of the Tampa Division, says…
Rocinske: Iris was the actual operator, the brains behind the whole organization; and her son was allegedly an enforcer.
Halpern: The FBI received information that the girls staffing the brothels were either underage or were paying off debt to human smugglers known as “coyotes,” who snuck them across the U.S. border.
Roncinske: We eventually charged them with the federal charge of harboring illegal aliens.
Halpern: The mother and son took off to their native county of the Dominican Republic, where they may still be today. For descriptions and photos, visit www.fbi.gov. If you have any information about this case, contact your local FBI office.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets