Director's 2011 Police Week Message
Director Robert S. Mueller recognizes police for their contributions.
Hello, I'm FBI Director Bob Mueller.
This year has been extremely hard on many police departments across the country.
We have lost more brave men and women in the line of duty this year than at any time in recent memory.
Here at the FBI we recently observed the 25th anniversary of the Miami shootout, which killed two of our special agents and wounded five others.
It was the deadliest day in FBI history.
As we observe National Police Week, I want to take a few moments to express my sincere gratitude to those of you who patrol the streets, walk the beat, and answer the call without hesitation when your neighbors need you.
The rise in law enforcement fatalities during this past year has reminded us all that safety and freedom do not come without a price.
And on behalf of the men and women of the FBI I want to personally recognize and thank each of you individually, and all of your departments collectively, as we work together to keep our neighborhoods safe.
The FBI is proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you as we continue to work together to protect our families and communities.
The greatest weapon against crime continues to be the efforts of all law enforcement agencies with the cooperation of the American public.
Thank you again for your commitment and your service.
And God bless you.
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood