Wanted by the FBI: The AK-47 Bandit
The AK-47 Bandit is wanted for five actual robberies and one attempted robbery in four states between February of 2012 and this past August. If you have information, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI.
Mollie Halpern: This surveillance video shows the so-called AK-47 Bandit during his latest bank robbery in Nebraska. As you can see, the bandit brandishes an AK-47 with a drum magazine—just as he has in the string of robberies he is linked to in California, Washington State and Idaho.
He allegedly used that weapon to fire at a police officer patrolling the area near his first known bank robbery in Chino, California. Just before that same robbery, investigators believe he called the 911 dispatch center as a diversionary tactic to delay police response to the robbery. Take a listen to his voice to see if you recognize it:
Caller: I have a bomb…this is not a drill, you hear me?
Mollie Halpern: Case Agent Kevin Boles….
Kevin Boles: We at the FBI as well as the Chino Police Department, we are very concerned for the safety of the public as well as law enforcement officers based on this individual’s propensity for violence.
Halpern: The bandit’s getaway car is likely a 2009-2011 gray Nissan Maxima with unique markings…
Kevin Boles: Tinted windows, it’s a a chrome package, chrome wheels. This is going to be your run of the mill Joe Blow living in suburban USA that happens to own this vehicle and nobody is going to suspect that it’s him.
Halpern: In total, the AK-47 Bandit is wanted for five actual and one attempted robbery in four states between February of 2012 and this past August. The FBI and its local law enforcement partners in those states are conducting a joint investigation into this case.
Together, the agencies are offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the AK-47 Bandit. If you have information, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI. Visit www.fbi.gov for more details. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI.
- 07.19.2018 — FBI Phoenix - Mazatzal Casino Robbery on July 17, 2018 (1 of 2)
- 07.19.2018 — FBI Phoenix - Mazatzal Casino Robbery on July 17, 2018 (2 of 2)
- 07.13.2018 — FBI St. Louis – Armed Business Robbery on June 23, 2018
- 07.13.2018 — Chicago Youth Baseball Leagues Benefit from FBI Fraud Case
- 06.28.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available for Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Antwan Mims
- 06.11.2018 — FBI Swears In Honors Interns
- 05.25.2018 — FBI New York - Citgo Robbery on February 14, 2018
- 05.15.2018 — Tennessee Ponzi Scheme Preyed on Friends and Neighbors
- 05.07.2018 — Reporting Cyber Crime is as Easy as IC3
- 04.27.2018 — Director’s Community Leadership Awards promotional video
- 04.26.2018 — Facebook Live Event - Becoming an Intelligence Analyst
- 04.25.2018 — 2017 Director's Community Leadership Awards
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division completes final day at RSA Conference
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division wraps up 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Recruiting seminar at the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Meet an FBI Bomb Technician and working K-9 at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — San Francisco section chief to speak at 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Visit the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.03.2018 — Operation Targets Dark Web Drug Buyers