Wanted by the FBI: The AK-47 Bandit
The AK-47 Bandit is wanted for five actual robberies and one attempted robbery in four states between February of 2012 and this past August. If you have information, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI.
Mollie Halpern: This surveillance video shows the so-called AK-47 Bandit during his latest bank robbery in Nebraska. As you can see, the bandit brandishes an AK-47 with a drum magazine—just as he has in the string of robberies he is linked to in California, Washington State and Idaho.
He allegedly used that weapon to fire at a police officer patrolling the area near his first known bank robbery in Chino, California. Just before that same robbery, investigators believe he called the 911 dispatch center as a diversionary tactic to delay police response to the robbery. Take a listen to his voice to see if you recognize it:
Caller: I have a bomb…this is not a drill, you hear me?
Mollie Halpern: Case Agent Kevin Boles….
Kevin Boles: We at the FBI as well as the Chino Police Department, we are very concerned for the safety of the public as well as law enforcement officers based on this individual’s propensity for violence.
Halpern: The bandit’s getaway car is likely a 2009-2011 gray Nissan Maxima with unique markings…
Kevin Boles: Tinted windows, it’s a a chrome package, chrome wheels. This is going to be your run of the mill Joe Blow living in suburban USA that happens to own this vehicle and nobody is going to suspect that it’s him.
Halpern: In total, the AK-47 Bandit is wanted for five actual and one attempted robbery in four states between February of 2012 and this past August. The FBI and its local law enforcement partners in those states are conducting a joint investigation into this case.
Together, the agencies are offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the AK-47 Bandit. If you have information, dial 1-800-CALL-FBI. Visit www.fbi.gov for more details. I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI.
- 11.20.2023 — FBI Charlotte: Bus Video in Madalina Cojocari Missing Person Investigation
- 11.20.2023 — Inside the FBI: The Importance of Partner Engagement
- 11.06.2023 — Chicago Warns About Charity Fraud
- 11.03.2023 — Charlotte Field Office at Beacon Project
- 10.26.2023 — FBI New Orleans hosts Federal Law Enforcement Youth Academy
- 10.26.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.20.2023 — FBI Oklahoma City on Panel Discussing Osage Murders Case
- 10.19.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The Osage Murders
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses the Threat of Chinese Economic Espionage at Five Eyes Press Conference
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Discusses Potential Misuses of AI During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.17.2023 — Director Wray Characterizes the Threat China Poses to Innovation During the FBI's Emerging Technology and Securing Innovation Security Summit
- 10.14.2023 — The FBI Continues to Build Partnerships at IACP
- 09.29.2023 — FBI Phoenix Hosts New Agent Training Program for Indian Country
- 09.29.2023 — Operation Not Forgotten
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Brother
- 09.28.2023 — Interview with Cindy Valle's Mother
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023
- 08.29.2023 — FBI Director Christopher Wray Announces Major Operation Targeting the Qakbot Botnet
- 08.23.2023 — Little Rock Operation Cross Country 2023