Seeking Information: Peggy Cox
The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about the case of a widowed Tennessee mother of three who was shot to death on her birthday.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI and its law enforcement partners are seeking information about the case of a widowed mother of three who was shot to death on her birthday.
The FBI is offering an up to $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who killed Peggy Cox nearly a quarter of a century ago.
I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau and this is Wanted by the FBI.
Here’s a listen to the 9-1-1 call from February 1, 1991.
Police Dispatch: Sir, Is anybody shot?
Caller: Yes, yes sir, somebody’s shot! The drive-thru person at the window.
Halpern: Peggy was working at the drive-thru window at Hardees on Murfreesboro Road in Franklin, Tennessee. At about 11:45, a male voice was heard placing an order over the intercom. Peggy’s son, a cook at the restaurant, told police that a couple seconds later…
Darren Barnes: He heard a couple of gunshots and he saw his mother fall to the ground.
Halpern: That was Detective Darren Barnes of the Franklin Police Department and a member of the FBI’s Violent Crime Task Force. Witnesses say a compact car was seen speeding north on interstate 65.
Investigators say establishing a motive is difficult since Peggy was so well liked. Her daughter, Rachel…
Rachel Cox: She was a stay at home mom, she was there for us.
Barnes: Her three interests were in her kids, church and work and that was it.
Halpern: FBI Special Agent David Volk…
David Volk: The FBI has become involved in this case to lend support and to assist our local law enforcement partner in solving it.
Halpern: If you have information about this case contact your local FBI field office. Report tips anonymously at www.catchpeggyskiller.com.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics