CALEE: Julian Igualada
Julian Igualada, FBI Special Agent, shares his experience as a member of the Transnational Anti-Gang Task Force in El Salvador
Most of the gang members live for the now and they don’t think about the future. They don’t think about the tomorrow. A lot of them are high on marijuana. A lot of them are high on that sense on belonging to a group, a social group. They feel alienated from the communities here in El Salvador. They feel alienated from the government of El Salvador so they find that father, that mother figure in the gang, and they are willing to do anything for the gangs which are homicides, extort people for money. Even though they may know that are going to get cut up, or they are going to end up in the hospital, or they are going to end up dead.
It’s not in the gang to buy the cars, buy the houses, buy the jewels. They are in the gang to belong to a social group. They are in the gang because they want to be in the gang and they want to do what the gang ask them to do. One of the gangs’ strong hand here is violence. And they utilize that to their maximum. That is the major difference and that’s something that we are working really hard to ensure that we don’t have in the United States.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division