The Company Man: AD Randy Coleman
Randy Coleman, Assistant Director of the FBI's Counterintelligence Division, describes "The Company Man Protecting America’s Secrets," which dramatizes an American company’s experience as a target of economic espionage.
“Hey, I just found two trespassers taking pictures of the factory.”
“We can’t pretend this didn’t happen – it’s a threat to the company.”
Mollie Halpern: These are scenes from The Company Man Protecting America’s Secrets. The FBI video dramatizes an American company’s experience as a target of economic espionage. Assistant Director of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division, Randy Coleman…
Randall Coleman: This is a video about a real company, a real threat, there’s no company immune to this threat in the United States.
Halpern: Fighting economic espionage is a top priority of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division.
“Go, go, go!”
One way the FBI mitigates the threat is through outreach and awareness efforts. It uses the video to educate businesses trade organizations and academia about the growing threat of economic espionage and how to protect their equities.
Coleman: The threat is becoming more pervasive China and Russia are becoming more aggressive.
“You need a Chinese partner.”
Halpern: This short film is also used to make companies aware that working with the FBI will help bring their case to a successful resolution.
Coleman: The FBI can help them in protecting their trade secrets. And ultimately, if they’ve been victim of these efforts then we can actually identify those responsible and bring them to justice.
Halpern: The costs of the crime on the U.S. economy are estimated at billions of dollars each year.
Here is your money. I’ve never seen so much.
Halpern: America’s economic vitality relies on the ability of its people to develop and commercialize scientific and technical innovations.
Coleman: Unfortunately our adversaries feel like that’s an opportunity so they will instead of conducting that research and development on their own and expending the funds and resources necessary to do that, they’ll steal it and they’ll steal it from the United States.
“We haven’t spent 20 years building this company to have them steal what we created.”
Halpern: To learn more about economic espionage and view The Company Man video visit fbi.gov. If you suspect economic espionage, report it to the FBI.
- 04.19.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Bhadreshkumar Chetanbhai Patel
- 04.18.2017 — Newark Press Conference on Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Walter Yovany Gomez
- 04.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Walter Yovany Gomez
- 03.27.2017 — Israel Legal Attaché Cary Gleicher Describes the FBI’s Role Overseas
- 03.27.2017 — Israel National Police General Describes Partnership with FBI
- 03.24.2017 — Seeking Information in Pasadena Cheesecake Factory Explosion
- 03.23.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Amy Lynn Bradley
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Tam Dao Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Hesham Elgamiel Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Alfred Tribble, Jr. Describes Joining FBI
- 03.23.2017 — SAC Perrye K. Turner Describes Importance of Diversity
- 03.23.2017 — Agent Jenelle Janabajal Describes Joining FBI
- 03.21.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Celebrating Black History Month
- 03.21.2017 — FBI Careers: Coolest Stories
- 03.10.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Public Tips on Top Ten Fugitive Eduardo Ravelo
- 02.22.2017 — Voice of Unknown Subject in Indiana Double-Murder Investigation
- 02.21.2017 — Flag-Raising Honors Fallen Agent Edwin R. Woodriffe
- 02.13.2017 — Victim of Romance Scam Tells Her Story
- 02.13.2017 — Special Agent Christine Beining Describes Romance Scams
- 02.07.2017 — Facebook Live Broadcast: Women Special Agents