Seeking Ahmad Abousamra
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009. Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009.
Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
He was indicted in 2009 on nine terrorism-related charges, including conspiracy to kill American soldiers overseas.
The indictment alleges Abousamra believed there was religious justification for suicide bombings and the glory of dying on the battlefield.
Abousamra sought to attend terrorist training camps in Pakistan. He also travelled with his convicted co-conspirator to Yemen for the same purpose. Both attempts were unsuccessful.
Still, he travelled to Iraq with the hope of joining the insurgence. His activities there are largely unknown.
Abousamra is 5-11 with a thin build and he has a higher-pitched voice. Listen now to a recording of his voice:
If they don’t have a warrant they don’t have a right to do that. Make sure you tell you mother that next time because they might scare her. You know what I’m saying?
Ahmad Abousamra fluently speaks, reads, and writes both English and Arabic. He has extensive computer skills.
Abousamra was last known to be in Aleppo, Syria, with his wife, at least one young daughter, and extended family.
Anyone with information regarding Abousamra’s location, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI or contact your nearest embassy. Please visit fbi.gov for more information.
- 03.16.2018 — Facebook Live Event - FBI Investigative Publicity Program
- 03.08.2018 — Special Agent Selection Process: Core Competencies
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud