Seeking Ahmad Abousamra
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009. Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009.
Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
He was indicted in 2009 on nine terrorism-related charges, including conspiracy to kill American soldiers overseas.
The indictment alleges Abousamra believed there was religious justification for suicide bombings and the glory of dying on the battlefield.
Abousamra sought to attend terrorist training camps in Pakistan. He also travelled with his convicted co-conspirator to Yemen for the same purpose. Both attempts were unsuccessful.
Still, he travelled to Iraq with the hope of joining the insurgence. His activities there are largely unknown.
Abousamra is 5-11 with a thin build and he has a higher-pitched voice. Listen now to a recording of his voice:
If they don’t have a warrant they don’t have a right to do that. Make sure you tell you mother that next time because they might scare her. You know what I’m saying?
Ahmad Abousamra fluently speaks, reads, and writes both English and Arabic. He has extensive computer skills.
Abousamra was last known to be in Aleppo, Syria, with his wife, at least one young daughter, and extended family.
Anyone with information regarding Abousamra’s location, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI or contact your nearest embassy. Please visit fbi.gov for more information.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets