Seeking Ahmad Abousamra
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009. Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
The FBI is looking for Ahmad Abousamra, a wanted fugitive since 2009.
Up to a $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his capture.
He was indicted in 2009 on nine terrorism-related charges, including conspiracy to kill American soldiers overseas.
The indictment alleges Abousamra believed there was religious justification for suicide bombings and the glory of dying on the battlefield.
Abousamra sought to attend terrorist training camps in Pakistan. He also travelled with his convicted co-conspirator to Yemen for the same purpose. Both attempts were unsuccessful.
Still, he travelled to Iraq with the hope of joining the insurgence. His activities there are largely unknown.
Abousamra is 5-11 with a thin build and he has a higher-pitched voice. Listen now to a recording of his voice:
If they don’t have a warrant they don’t have a right to do that. Make sure you tell you mother that next time because they might scare her. You know what I’m saying?
Ahmad Abousamra fluently speaks, reads, and writes both English and Arabic. He has extensive computer skills.
Abousamra was last known to be in Aleppo, Syria, with his wife, at least one young daughter, and extended family.
Anyone with information regarding Abousamra’s location, please call 1-800-CALL-FBI or contact your nearest embassy. Please visit fbi.gov for more information.
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — FBI in Thailand: Confronting the Child Sex Trade
- 09.16.2016 — John Schachnovsky, FBI Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.16.2016 — Gen. Tamasak Wicharaya, Royal Thai Police
- 09.16.2016 — Glyn T. Davies, U.S. Ambassador to Thailand
- 09.13.2016 — Ernie Weyand, FBI Assistant Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Rick Snelsire, INL Director, U.S. Embassy in Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam, Royal Thai Police
- 09.13.2016 — Boom, Child Advocacy Center Director
- 09.13.2016 — Investigation of United Flight 93
- 09.06.2016 — Future Agents in Training Get Inside Look Into the FBI
- 09.02.2016 — The FBI: A Career Like No Other
- 08.29.2016 — Robbery of Blue Fins Bait, Tackle, and Guns Shop in Dundalk, Maryland (FBI Baltimore)
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: The Opportunities for Linguists
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: What We Do and How to be Successful
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Why My Work Matters
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Serving My Country