Legal Attaché Describes FBI Role in Afghanistan
Legal Attaché Bob Jones describes the FBI's unique role in the U.S. mission in Afghanistan.
The International Operations Division has a three-pillared structure for overseas operations: capacity-building, information and intelligence exchange, and general investigation.
It's kind of the big picture of what we do.
They've got a very robust investigative capacity inside both the Ministry of Interior and the National Director of Security.
But we can make them better.
We hope to have an Afghan Major Crimes Task Force looking at organized crime, kidnapping, and public corruption that we can walk away from.
We're going to build it and then we're going to leave it here for the people of Afghanistan.
The Director's asked me to focus on those areas that the FBI can bring great investigative capabilities to.
And what do we do in the States? We do kidnappings. We do organized crime. We do public corruption.
When I bring those mentors out here to work with those 200 Afghan investigators from the MCTF, I'm bringing them true duty experts that can walk the walk and talk the talk.
We capitalize on those inherent skills that every agent, analyst, or support personnel brings over here when it comes to collecting information and sharing it and processing it into intelligence and sharing it with other organizations.
We have folks all over the place with our partner organizations that share things with us.
We can push it out to people that use it every day.
After 9/11, the Counterterrorism Division chanmged dramatically.
Everything we do now is global. And it's important that we have these kind of connections everywhere.
- 08.05.2020 — FBI Cleveland: CVS Robbery Surveillance Footage
- 07.31.2020 — FBI San Francisco Remarks on Twitter Security Incident Investigation
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boat Engines and Wake
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Piecing the Evidence Together
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Recovering Evidence in Murky Waters
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Examining Evidence
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Student on Boat
- 07.22.2020 — Post-Blast Training Boat Wake Loop
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Diver Enters Water
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: In the Classroom
- 07.22.2020 — Underwater Post-Blast: Boats Passing
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Can We Protect Freedom of Speech While Addressing Fake News and Influence Campaigns Online?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI Doing to Combat Election Fraud?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What is the FBI's Role in Securing the Election?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Does the FBI Work With Others to Ensure the Integrity of Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: How Can Voters and Campaigns Find Information About Helping to Strengthen Electoral System?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Should an Oregonian Do If They Believe Someone Has Violated Their Voting Rights?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: Are You Concerned About the Impact That Russia or Other Countries May Have on 2020 Elections?
- 06.30.2020 — FBI Portland: What Are the Biggest Cyber Threats Related to This Year's Election?
- 06.11.2020 — Help Identify Subject Who Threw Explosive in Uptown Charlotte