Legal Attaché Describes FBI Role in Afghanistan
Legal Attaché Bob Jones describes the FBI's unique role in the U.S. mission in Afghanistan.
The International Operations Division has a three-pillared structure for overseas operations: capacity-building, information and intelligence exchange, and general investigation.
It's kind of the big picture of what we do.
They've got a very robust investigative capacity inside both the Ministry of Interior and the National Director of Security.
But we can make them better.
We hope to have an Afghan Major Crimes Task Force looking at organized crime, kidnapping, and public corruption that we can walk away from.
We're going to build it and then we're going to leave it here for the people of Afghanistan.
The Director's asked me to focus on those areas that the FBI can bring great investigative capabilities to.
And what do we do in the States? We do kidnappings. We do organized crime. We do public corruption.
When I bring those mentors out here to work with those 200 Afghan investigators from the MCTF, I'm bringing them true duty experts that can walk the walk and talk the talk.
We capitalize on those inherent skills that every agent, analyst, or support personnel brings over here when it comes to collecting information and sharing it and processing it into intelligence and sharing it with other organizations.
We have folks all over the place with our partner organizations that share things with us.
We can push it out to people that use it every day.
After 9/11, the Counterterrorism Division chanmged dramatically.
Everything we do now is global. And it's important that we have these kind of connections everywhere.
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago
- 10.18.2021 — Wanted By the FBI: Andrew Peter Dabbs
- 10.17.2021 — FBI Director Wray Remarks for National Police Week 2021
- 10.15.2021 — Director Wray Lays Wreath at FBI Headquarters
- 10.14.2021 — Wanted By the FBI: Michael James Pratt
- 10.12.2021 — FBI Tampa and Raymond James Financial Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.12.2021 — FBI Tampa and Raymond James Financial Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.06.2021 — FBI Seattle 2021 Police Week Message
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Cyanoacrylate Fuming
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Fingerprinting
- 10.05.2021 — Evidence Response Training: Final Exercise
- 10.01.2021 — FBI Dallas and Ross Perot Jr. Describe Cybersecurity Partnership