Hungarian Police Colonel István Farkas Discusses ILEA
Colonel István Farkas oversees Hungarian staff at ILEA Budapest. At a July 17, 2015 ceremony in Budapest, Hungary, the International Law Enforcement Training Academy (ILEA) marked its 20th anniversary.
Whoever comes here as a student is a law enforcement professional. We try to celebrate the person a little bit. We try to make them feel that it is indeed very important what they are doing—that they are not just ordinary people. But they are everyday heroes.
I do believe that after one spends seven weeks at ILEA cannot live and act as a law enforcement officer as before.
I am sure that not only the instructors but also the fellow students representing various countries have a deep impact on the mindset of students.
And if you can produce and transfer these new views and new approaches to whole generations of law enforcement professionals, they will have an impact on the whole system.
The American law enforcement professionals are not conducting a marketing activity here. And they are not presenting success stories here. What they do is they transfer true knowledge.
They also help us to see the person behind the law enforcement professional. They also demonstrate the fact that it’s good to remain human. And it’s worth remaining human even if we conduct our activities sometimes in inhuman circumstances.
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang