Gardner Museum in Boston Offering $5 Million Reward for Stolen Art
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston is offering a $5 million reward for the return of 13 pieces of art stolen in 1990.
These painting are very unique, easily identifiable if you know what you’re looking for. If you didn’t see these paintings you’d walk right by them and maybe not take note of them.
But by trying to get the images out there of these paintings and these pieces, hopefully this might resonate with someone. Someone might see a painting and scour their memory and realize that maybe they’d seen it in years past.
And that’s what we’re trying to do.
The pieces that were stolen from the Gardner really are the true definition of pricelessness, because they can never be sold, they can never be replaced. So when you lose a piece from this particular collection the museum can’t just go out and acquire another masterpiece
to put in its place. It has to remain empty.
The spots have to remain unfilled until Mrs. Gardner’s purchases and her items are put back into their proper place in the collection.
And the final chapter in this investigation would be the successful location and recovery of the paintings, and the return of these paintings to the Gardner Art Museum.
Again, we just simply want the information so we can recover our paintings and move forward.
Twenty-three years. That’s far too long. It’s time for these paintings to come home.
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case