Gardner Museum in Boston Offering $5 Million Reward for Stolen Art
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston is offering a $5 million reward for the return of 13 pieces of art stolen in 1990.
These painting are very unique, easily identifiable if you know what you’re looking for. If you didn’t see these paintings you’d walk right by them and maybe not take note of them.
But by trying to get the images out there of these paintings and these pieces, hopefully this might resonate with someone. Someone might see a painting and scour their memory and realize that maybe they’d seen it in years past.
And that’s what we’re trying to do.
The pieces that were stolen from the Gardner really are the true definition of pricelessness, because they can never be sold, they can never be replaced. So when you lose a piece from this particular collection the museum can’t just go out and acquire another masterpiece
to put in its place. It has to remain empty.
The spots have to remain unfilled until Mrs. Gardner’s purchases and her items are put back into their proper place in the collection.
And the final chapter in this investigation would be the successful location and recovery of the paintings, and the return of these paintings to the Gardner Art Museum.
Again, we just simply want the information so we can recover our paintings and move forward.
Twenty-three years. That’s far too long. It’s time for these paintings to come home.
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: The Opportunities for Linguists
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: What We Do and How to be Successful
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Why My Work Matters
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Serving My Country
- 08.15.2016 — FBI Linguists: Key Skills and Testing
- 08.15.2016 — FBI Linguists: Diversity and Culture in the FBI
- 08.08.2016 — Video Footage of Suspect in 2008 Times Square Bombing
- 08.04.2016 — FBI This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams
- 07.25.2016 — John Perren Describes the WMD Directorate's National Improvised Explosives Familiarization Course
- 07.15.2016 — FBI Counters Illicit Diamond Trafficking and Trade
- 07.15.2016 — FBI Crisis Response Canines
- 07.12.2016 — FBI Seeks Wanted Serial Child Abductor
- 07.05.2016 — FBI Forensic Artist Creates Facial Approximations from Skulls
- 06.22.2016 — Philadelphia J.B. Merrick Robbery
- 06.15.2016 — Clues Sought in Unsolved East Area Rapist Case
- 06.02.2016 — FBI Seeking Information on Armed Robbers of Gun Shop
- 06.02.2016 — FBI Returns Darwin Letter to Smithsonian Archives
- 05.25.2016 — FBI Houston Marks 10-Year Anniversary of Enron Case