FBI Volunteer Internship Program
Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI. Associate Deputy Director Kevin Perkins.
Kevin L. Perkins: The FBI is a calling. It's a lifestyle. And it is a family.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Casey Fitzpatrick is a member of the FBI internship class of 2013.
Casey Fitzpatrick: I’ve learned more about career fields I never even knew were possible or something that I had never considered before. I feel lucky and I’ve enjoyed it.
Halpern: The interns received their certificates after spending 10 weeks working side-by-side FBI employees in select field offices as well as FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Alex Doak hopes to one day become an FBI special agent.
Alex Doak: I’ve always had a passion for helping people and I knew the FBI helped solve crimes and terrorism, so I figure that's where I’d be able to do the most good in this world.
Halpern: Nine thousand or so candidates applied to the internship program, but only about 400 students were selected. Interns must have a grade point average of 3.0 or above and must pass the same suitability standards as FBI employees. To learn more about the program, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case