FBI Volunteer Internship Program
Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI. Associate Deputy Director Kevin Perkins.
Kevin L. Perkins: The FBI is a calling. It's a lifestyle. And it is a family.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Casey Fitzpatrick is a member of the FBI internship class of 2013.
Casey Fitzpatrick: I’ve learned more about career fields I never even knew were possible or something that I had never considered before. I feel lucky and I’ve enjoyed it.
Halpern: The interns received their certificates after spending 10 weeks working side-by-side FBI employees in select field offices as well as FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Alex Doak hopes to one day become an FBI special agent.
Alex Doak: I’ve always had a passion for helping people and I knew the FBI helped solve crimes and terrorism, so I figure that's where I’d be able to do the most good in this world.
Halpern: Nine thousand or so candidates applied to the internship program, but only about 400 students were selected. Interns must have a grade point average of 3.0 or above and must pass the same suitability standards as FBI employees. To learn more about the program, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 11.02.2020 — FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul