FBI Volunteer Internship Program
Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI.
Mollie Halpern: Hundreds of students from colleges and universities across the country spent part of the summer exploring career opportunities within the FBI. Associate Deputy Director Kevin Perkins
Kevin L. Perkins: The FBI is a calling. It's a lifestyle. And it is a family.
Halpern: I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau, and this is FBI, This Week. Casey Fitzpatrick is a member of the FBI internship class of 2013.
Casey Fitzpatrick: I’ve learned more about career fields I never even knew were possible or something that I had never considered before. I feel lucky and I’ve enjoyed it.
Halpern: The interns received their certificates after spending 10 weeks working side-by-side FBI employees in select field offices as well as FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. Alex Doak hopes to one day become an FBI special agent.
Alex Doak: I’ve always had a passion for helping people and I knew the FBI helped solve crimes and terrorism, so I figure that's where I’d be able to do the most good in this world.
Halpern: Nine thousand or so candidates applied to the internship program, but only about 400 students were selected. Interns must have a grade point average of 3.0 or above and must pass the same suitability standards as FBI employees. To learn more about the program, visit www.fbijobs.gov.
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams