EAD Anderson Discusses Cyber Hiring Initiative
Robert Anderson, executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch, talks about initiative to hire cyber experts.
Cyber, it permeates every aspect of what we do, whether it’s counterterrorism, criminal investigations, or traditional cyber attacks as we’ve seen in the recent past. That’s why these type of people are so important to get into the pipeline and come into our organization.
Traditionally we recruit from all aspects of the country’s academia. But we’re putting a big focus on cyber background now.
What we want are people that are going to come and be part of a team, and an energetic team that is working different very complex types of investigations and to utilize their skillsets in that team environment.
That’s something that I think we offer. And the mission sets which we operate on no one else has.
The role that the FBI plays in cyber investigations across the United States is pretty clear. We work either national security cyber investigations or major complex criminal investigations that have a cyber nexus.
I do think the biggest thing you can offer to anyone that comes to work at the FBI is the mission and the scale of investigations that you work inside the FBI. It doesn't matter where you go, it doesn't matter who you work for, you can't get that anywhere else but the FBI.
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home