EAD Anderson Discusses Cyber Hiring Initiative
Robert Anderson, executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch, talks about initiative to hire cyber experts.
Cyber, it permeates every aspect of what we do, whether it’s counterterrorism, criminal investigations, or traditional cyber attacks as we’ve seen in the recent past. That’s why these type of people are so important to get into the pipeline and come into our organization.
Traditionally we recruit from all aspects of the country’s academia. But we’re putting a big focus on cyber background now.
What we want are people that are going to come and be part of a team, and an energetic team that is working different very complex types of investigations and to utilize their skillsets in that team environment.
That’s something that I think we offer. And the mission sets which we operate on no one else has.
The role that the FBI plays in cyber investigations across the United States is pretty clear. We work either national security cyber investigations or major complex criminal investigations that have a cyber nexus.
I do think the biggest thing you can offer to anyone that comes to work at the FBI is the mission and the scale of investigations that you work inside the FBI. It doesn't matter where you go, it doesn't matter who you work for, you can't get that anywhere else but the FBI.
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 1
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 3
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 2
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 6
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 4
- 06.10.2021 — Red Flag Fraud Signs, Part 5
- 06.08.2021 — FBI Dallas Warns of Elder Fraud Crimes
- 06.08.2021 — Swedish Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Netherlands Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — New Zealand Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 06.08.2021 — Australian Federal Police Remarks on Operation Trojan Shield
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #134
- 05.19.2021 — Capitol Violence: AFO #106
- 05.18.2021 — Seeking Information: Indianapolis, May 30, 2020
- 05.11.2021 — Director Wray's 2021 Police Week Message
- 05.05.2021 — FBI Outreach Includes Navajo-Language Posters
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Upgrade to Passphrases
- 05.03.2021 — FBI Buffalo Warns of Grandparent Scams
- 04.21.2021 — FBI Chicago Reaches Out to Asian Community on Hate Crimes
- 04.20.2021 — FBI Detroit Warns About Dangers of Sextortion