EAD Anderson Discusses Cyber Hiring Initiative
Robert Anderson, executive assistant director of the FBI's Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch, talks about initiative to hire cyber experts.
Cyber, it permeates every aspect of what we do, whether it’s counterterrorism, criminal investigations, or traditional cyber attacks as we’ve seen in the recent past. That’s why these type of people are so important to get into the pipeline and come into our organization.
Traditionally we recruit from all aspects of the country’s academia. But we’re putting a big focus on cyber background now.
What we want are people that are going to come and be part of a team, and an energetic team that is working different very complex types of investigations and to utilize their skillsets in that team environment.
That’s something that I think we offer. And the mission sets which we operate on no one else has.
The role that the FBI plays in cyber investigations across the United States is pretty clear. We work either national security cyber investigations or major complex criminal investigations that have a cyber nexus.
I do think the biggest thing you can offer to anyone that comes to work at the FBI is the mission and the scale of investigations that you work inside the FBI. It doesn't matter where you go, it doesn't matter who you work for, you can't get that anywhere else but the FBI.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics