Denver SAC Discusses Role of JTTF
Denver Special Agent in Charge James Yacone discusses role of Denver's Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
So we actually have three Joint Terrorism Task Force squads focused on international terrorism, and then one specific squad here focused on domestic terrorism.
And it works well. All of the local and state police officers and detectives have the same clearances that the agents do. They sit side by side. And the way we work it is, if that agency has a terrorism matter occur in their area of responsibility, that local or state agency, that local or state officer will work jointly with an FBI agent as a case agent on that case.
So they all carry a pretty big caseload. And they work arm-in-arm with access to the same databases and the same systems.
We’ve had some national terrorists. Najibullah Zazi was a very well publicized counterterrorism investigation.
Zazi was definitely somebody that was trained internationally, but bought into the philosophy, really, of gaining access through the Internet to radicals that were oversees. And then he decided to act on that and travel abroad, get some of his training, and then come back here.
He was planning and facilitating out of this area of responsibility, but his target was New York City.
We’ve had other recent concerns on the counterterrorism side as well. So our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics