Denver SAC Discusses Role of JTTF
Denver Special Agent in Charge James Yacone discusses role of Denver's Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
So we actually have three Joint Terrorism Task Force squads focused on international terrorism, and then one specific squad here focused on domestic terrorism.
And it works well. All of the local and state police officers and detectives have the same clearances that the agents do. They sit side by side. And the way we work it is, if that agency has a terrorism matter occur in their area of responsibility, that local or state agency, that local or state officer will work jointly with an FBI agent as a case agent on that case.
So they all carry a pretty big caseload. And they work arm-in-arm with access to the same databases and the same systems.
We’ve had some national terrorists. Najibullah Zazi was a very well publicized counterterrorism investigation.
Zazi was definitely somebody that was trained internationally, but bought into the philosophy, really, of gaining access through the Internet to radicals that were oversees. And then he decided to act on that and travel abroad, get some of his training, and then come back here.
He was planning and facilitating out of this area of responsibility, but his target was New York City.
We’ve had other recent concerns on the counterterrorism side as well. So our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home