Denver SAC Discusses Role of JTTF
Denver Special Agent in Charge James Yacone discusses role of Denver's Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
So we actually have three Joint Terrorism Task Force squads focused on international terrorism, and then one specific squad here focused on domestic terrorism.
And it works well. All of the local and state police officers and detectives have the same clearances that the agents do. They sit side by side. And the way we work it is, if that agency has a terrorism matter occur in their area of responsibility, that local or state agency, that local or state officer will work jointly with an FBI agent as a case agent on that case.
So they all carry a pretty big caseload. And they work arm-in-arm with access to the same databases and the same systems.
We’ve had some national terrorists. Najibullah Zazi was a very well publicized counterterrorism investigation.
Zazi was definitely somebody that was trained internationally, but bought into the philosophy, really, of gaining access through the Internet to radicals that were oversees. And then he decided to act on that and travel abroad, get some of his training, and then come back here.
He was planning and facilitating out of this area of responsibility, but his target was New York City.
We’ve had other recent concerns on the counterterrorism side as well. So our Joint Terrorism Task Forces are very active, not just from an international terrorism perspective, but also a domestic terrorism perspective.
- 01.26.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh: Where We Work
- 01.26.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Human Trafficking
- 01.25.2022 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Cyber Hygiene
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)