Danish Police Superintendent on the FBI’s National Academy
Danish National Police Superintendent Eric Vand, a 20-year veteran of law enforcement, attended the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia as a student and a teacher. He talks about the value of being a part of the National Academy's network of 33,000 alumni around the world.
My name is Eric Vand. I’m a superintendent at the Danish National Police. I’m responsible for the development of all advanced training programs here at the Danish National Police.
I’ve been in law enforcement for the last 20 years; the first 10 I was working on the streets of Copenhagen, and for the last 10 years I’ve been working for with the communication and training.
I was fortunate enough to be invited to the National Academy program in 2006. It’s like the idea that if you don't look outside your own organization it’s pretty hard to get smarter.
I was very impressed about my American colleagues and I was very impressed about the instructors at the Academy—how they were able to counter-perform. And I mean that in every way positive.
They did deliver. The content was high level, I think. But the way that they did it. I took a lot of that back with me. I was trying to … I was instantly trying to implement it in the way I do things—if I do teaching, if I do leadership.
The other thing was the network. I use that network today. I use the 33,000 members of the National Academy and I use that not every day but almost every week.
If not every week then every month, somebody from the Danish Police—and they could be anywhere—asks me, Do you know if the Bureau has a course on analysis or something like that. Something else. And they will call me. They won't call the organization, they will call me because they know I went through that program.
I get many requests of, Eric, can you help me get to the National Academy? Can you help? Because they want to be part of that network. And they want to get to know the Bureau and how you guys are doing things.
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — FBI Denver Teen Academy
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI
- 12.21.2016 — National Use of Force Data Collection
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm (Leyendas en Español)
- 12.13.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Robert Francis Van Wisse
- 12.09.2016 — Chasing the Dragon (Extended Trailer)
- 12.07.2016 — Video Loop of "Go-Fast" Boat
- 12.07.2016 — Gerry Canavan