New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
The new sit-up protocol is demonstrated for the FBI's mandatory physical fitness test.
Participant lies on back with tops of the shoulder blades touching the floor, arms crossed over chest with the fingers in contact with the top of the shoulder (trapezius muscle or seam on some t-shirts). The knees are bent at a 90-degree angle with the feet placed flat on the floor (feet are held in place by a partner with partner’s hands at the tongue of the participant’s shoes. The holder’s knees may be placed on participant’s toes). Participant raises upper body until the elbows touch mid-thigh. Participant then returns to the starting position (i.e. the tops of the shoulder blades must touch the floor) to complete the repetition. Hips must remain in contact with the ground throughout the repetition. This is a timed one-minute continuous motion exercise.
Incorrect Sit-Ups That Will Not Be Counted
- Elbows do not touch mid-thigh at the top of the sit-up exercise
- Tops of shoulder blades do not touch the floor at the bottom of the sit-up exercise
- Hand(s) move off of the tops of shoulder (trapezius). Hand on collarbone is too low.
- Hands pulling on shirt
- Hips do not stay in contact with the floor
- Not maintaining 90-degree angle at the knees
- Resting between repetitions
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division