New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
The new sit-up protocol is demonstrated for the FBI's mandatory physical fitness test.
Participant lies on back with tops of the shoulder blades touching the floor, arms crossed over chest with the fingers in contact with the top of the shoulder (trapezius muscle or seam on some t-shirts). The knees are bent at a 90-degree angle with the feet placed flat on the floor (feet are held in place by a partner with partner’s hands at the tongue of the participant’s shoes. The holder’s knees may be placed on participant’s toes). Participant raises upper body until the elbows touch mid-thigh. Participant then returns to the starting position (i.e. the tops of the shoulder blades must touch the floor) to complete the repetition. Hips must remain in contact with the ground throughout the repetition. This is a timed one-minute continuous motion exercise.
Incorrect Sit-Ups That Will Not Be Counted
- Elbows do not touch mid-thigh at the top of the sit-up exercise
- Tops of shoulder blades do not touch the floor at the bottom of the sit-up exercise
- Hand(s) move off of the tops of shoulder (trapezius). Hand on collarbone is too low.
- Hands pulling on shirt
- Hips do not stay in contact with the floor
- Not maintaining 90-degree angle at the knees
- Resting between repetitions
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Alex Silverstein
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Justin Brannon
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent Lauren Regucci
- 03.08.2023 — FBI Jacksonville Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Trailer: Special Agent in Charge Sherri Onks
- 03.03.2023 — FBI Pittsburgh Joint Operation
- 02.09.2023 — Chinese High-Altitude Balloon Recovery
- 02.06.2023 — Inside The FBI Podcast: For The Love Of Money
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
FBI Weekly Newsletter
Subscribe to our email newsletter for news on the FBI, sent out every week.