Jennifer Lorek speaks about her husband Chris Lorek, an FBI Hostage Rescue Team member who died during a training accident.
He was a very focused and driven individual. And I didn't completely realize that when we were in college.
He was always looking for the next step up that he needed to do. You know, OK, I got in the FBI, now what do I need to do?
Oh, I need to be a special agent.
OK, now I’m a special agent, now what do I need to do?
Oh, I need to be on the SWAT Team.
OK, now I’m on the SWAT Team doing counterintelligence. What do I need to do?
Oh, I need to be on HRT. Oh, now I’m on HRT, I need to be a sniper on HRT. I need to be the best shooter on HRT. You know what I’m saying?
If he hadn't been an FBI agent. If he had been an engineer I’m sure he would have been the best engineer he could be. So I don't think necessarily that he was born to be in the FBI, but once he decided that was something he was going to do, then it was just in his personality to take everything to the next level.
When he was in Afghanistan he was in combat situations, which I didn’t know at the time, but which when I found out when he got back … but I think you’ll agree with me in saying no matter how dangerous a situation you or somebody that you love is in, you never really think that anything’s really going to happen.
Stuff always happens to other people. But it never really happens to you.
So, I’m not the kind of person who sits there just worrying about is he going to be OK all the time. Yeah, if I tried to call him or page him and he wasn’t answering me for 10 hours, would I start to think did he have a wreck? Did something happen? Yes, But then he would always call me.
You don’t really think it’s going to happen to you.
Some people I think when their spouse dies, they think about all the stuff that they’re going to have to take over that their spouse did. Like he took care of all the bills. Or he took care of the cars. Or he took care of this or that. Or what am I going to do about taking care of the kids?
I didn’t worry about any of that. The thing that I thought of, the very first, one of the very first things I thought of was, I’m just going to miss him. I’m just going to miss him to talk to. Just to hang out with. Not what he did for me or for the kids. But just him as a person, just being there to do stuff with and have a life with.
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Unlock User
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Submit a Search
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Retrieve Status
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Reset Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Export to Excel
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Change Password
- 01.13.2017 — E-Check Tutorial: Add User
- 01.13.2017 — Debt Collection Fraud Call Recording
- 01.05.2017 — 2016 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.04.2017 — Interested in Becoming a Special Agent?
- 12.22.2016 — Denuncie la Corrupción en la Frontera al FBI
- 12.22.2016 — Don’t Turn a Blind Eye, Report Border Corruption to the FBI
- 12.21.2016 — National Use of Force Data Collection
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm
- 12.19.2016 — The Coming Storm (Leyendas en Español)
- 12.13.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Robert Francis Van Wisse
- 12.09.2016 — Chasing the Dragon (Extended Trailer)
- 12.07.2016 — Video Loop of "Go-Fast" Boat
- 12.07.2016 — Gerry Canavan
- 12.07.2016 — Seized "Go-Fast" Boat