JCODE Operation Uncovers Darknet Opioid Traffickers
A JCODE operation in Los Angeles in February 2020 uncovered a large cache of drugs, weapons, cash, gold, and cryptocurrency as part of Operation DisrupTor.
♫ Music ♫
SWAT voice: On Wentworth, we’re dropping off the Bearcat just past the stop sign.
Lead special agent: Obviously we’re here for Operation Hidden Eye. The warrant and the attachment-b were sent out via email last night to everybody.
SWAT is going to be conducting the arrest.
Special agent: If you guys have any questions just let me know. But … be on special lookout for hardware wallets.
Investigator: What do they look like?
Special agent: They look like USB keys typically. Some look exactly like a USB.
Lead agent: The charges are money laundering, drug trafficking, so those are primarily the things we’re going to be looking for.
SWAT agent: You’ll hear us today referring to structure-one and structure-two. We also have a shed right here.
Lead agent: …thumb drives computers, laptop, phone …
Los Angeles Police Department K-9 handler: We’re just asking that dogs have first dibs on the room.
♫ Music ♫
SWAT agent: Making a left-hand turn.
Special agent: Oh.
K-9 handler: [snaps] Good boy.
HSI investigator: There’s a possible indicator of fentanyl in there, just so you be careful with it.
FBI personnel: New York. Connecticut. Colorado.
[Money counter whirs]
♫ Music ♫
HSI investigator: Oh, nice.
FBI agent: There’s the large meth shards.
HSI investigator: Oh yeah. Look at that.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets