FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) provides the public with a trustworthy and convenient reporting mechanism to submit information concerning suspected Internet-facilitated criminal activity.
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established in 2000 to receive reports of Internet crime from the public.
Since its inception, more than 4 million complaints have been reported to the IC3.
Last year, 298,728 complaints reported losses of more than $1.3 billion.
The IC3, part of the FBI's Cyber Division, receives about 800 complaints a day.
In 2016, the IC3 received 17,146 extortion-related complaints and 10,850 tech support fraud complaints with losses in excess of $27 million.
Only about 15 percent of U.S. fraud victims report the crimes to law enforcement.
Analysts use information from complaints to spot emerging threats and trends.
Complaints are aggregated to build referrals, which are forwarded to law enforcement agencies for potential investigation.
In 2016, the top three reported crime types were non-payment and non-delivery, personal data breach, and payment scams.
Since 2011, the IC3 has received about 280,000 complaints annually.
The IC3's data center and analysts are located in West Virginia.
To learn more about online scams or to file a complaint, visit www.ic3.gov.
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming
- 01.24.2019 — Video Message to Employees from Director Wray
- 01.19.2019 — Robbery, BP Gas Station, Henrico County, Virginia
- 12.21.2018 — Memorial Held for Victims of Pan Am 103 Bombing
- 12.14.2018 — Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: The 'Laundry Ladies'
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kathryn Turman
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Carole Johnson
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Tom McCullough
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: 30 Years Later