FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) provides the public with a trustworthy and convenient reporting mechanism to submit information concerning suspected Internet-facilitated criminal activity.
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established in 2000 to receive reports of Internet crime from the public.
Since its inception, more than 4 million complaints have been reported to the IC3.
Last year, 298,728 complaints reported losses of more than $1.3 billion.
The IC3, part of the FBI's Cyber Division, receives about 800 complaints a day.
In 2016, the IC3 received 17,146 extortion-related complaints and 10,850 tech support fraud complaints with losses in excess of $27 million.
Only about 15 percent of U.S. fraud victims report the crimes to law enforcement.
Analysts use information from complaints to spot emerging threats and trends.
Complaints are aggregated to build referrals, which are forwarded to law enforcement agencies for potential investigation.
In 2016, the top three reported crime types were non-payment and non-delivery, personal data breach, and payment scams.
Since 2011, the IC3 has received about 280,000 complaints annually.
The IC3's data center and analysts are located in West Virginia.
To learn more about online scams or to file a complaint, visit www.ic3.gov.
- 06.01.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Congratulates Penguins Foundation
- 05.28.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast: IC3 Turns 20
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Phoenix Joins Arizona Law Enforcement Leaders in Honoring the Fallen
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Sacramento SAC Congratulates Fairfield Police Chief
- 05.18.2020 — 2020 Police Week FBI Chicago Candlelight Vigil
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Dallas Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Honolulu COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 05.15.2020 — FBI San Diego Honors Fallen Officers During National Police Week
- 05.15.2020 — FBI New Orleans Recognizes Peace Officers Memorial Day
- 05.14.2020 — 2020 FBI Wall of Honor Memorial Service
- 05.14.2020 — Director Wray Honors Law Enforcement Partners During National Police Week
- 05.11.2020 — Minneapolis FBI Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.08.2020 — Jacksonville SAC Congratulates High School Graduates
- 05.08.2020 — Seattle FBI Recognizes Fallen Officers in Police Week Message
- 05.04.2020 — FBI Dallas COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 04.30.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast Trailer: FBI Top Ten List Turns 70
- 04.30.2020 — FBI Jacksonville Honors Director's Community Leadership Award Recipient
- 04.29.2020 — FBI Volunteers Assist Families in Philadelphia
- 04.22.2020 — FBI San Francisco COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 04.21.2020 — New Orleans Special Agent in Charge Remarks on FBI During Coronavirus