FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center
The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) provides the public with a trustworthy and convenient reporting mechanism to submit information concerning suspected Internet-facilitated criminal activity.
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was established in 2000 to receive reports of Internet crime from the public.
Since its inception, more than 4 million complaints have been reported to the IC3.
Last year, 298,728 complaints reported losses of more than $1.3 billion.
The IC3, part of the FBI's Cyber Division, receives about 800 complaints a day.
In 2016, the IC3 received 17,146 extortion-related complaints and 10,850 tech support fraud complaints with losses in excess of $27 million.
Only about 15 percent of U.S. fraud victims report the crimes to law enforcement.
Analysts use information from complaints to spot emerging threats and trends.
Complaints are aggregated to build referrals, which are forwarded to law enforcement agencies for potential investigation.
In 2016, the top three reported crime types were non-payment and non-delivery, personal data breach, and payment scams.
Since 2011, the IC3 has received about 280,000 complaints annually.
The IC3's data center and analysts are located in West Virginia.
To learn more about online scams or to file a complaint, visit www.ic3.gov.
- 10.08.2019 — Wanted by the FBI: Jennifer Lea Settle Sought in Daughter McKenna Butcher’s Kidnapping
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: North Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992/1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Las Vegas, Nevada, 1993
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: New Orleans, Louisiana, 1982
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Miami, Florida, 1972
- 10.06.2019 — Samuel Little Confession: Covington, Kentucky, 1984
- 09.26.2019 — FBI Tools of the Trade: Riverine Craft (360-Degree Video)
- 09.21.2019 — FBI San Diego Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.20.2019 — Made in America
- 09.18.2019 — My Dynamic Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — My Unique Huntsville
- 09.18.2019 — Video Loop of The Killing Fields
- 09.18.2019 — FBI Seeking Clues in Texas 'Killing Fields' Murders
- 09.13.2019 — FBI Plea for 9/11 Responders to Register for Health Benefits (Social Media Version)
- 09.11.2019 — Lori's Story: 9/11 Victim's Sister Recalls 'Very Reverent Moment'
- 09.10.2019 — FBI Boston: Armed Robbery of Convenience Store in Dedham, Massachusetts
- 09.06.2019 — 9/11 Memorial at Terrorist Screening Center
- 08.22.2019 — Echoes of Columbine
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Kendall, Information Management Division
- 08.16.2019 — FBI Honors Intern Profile: Anne, Laboratory Division