FBI Counters Illicit Diamond Trafficking and Trade
The FBI, in collaboration with the Department of State and global partners, recently hosted the first ever law enforcement diamond forum in The Hague, Netherlands.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is leading an effort to identify and mitigate the way criminals could use diamonds to launder money, finance terrorism, and other nefarious crimes.
Diamonds are one of the most illicitly trafficked and traded products in the world.
Eric B. Ives: Diamonds have been associated with war crimes, murder, corruption, complex organized crime, and a variety of other lesser crimes.
Halpern: That was Supervisory Special Agent Eric Ives, who heads the FBI’s Diamond Trafficking Program.
Ives: In the world of diamonds, there’s four Cs: color, cut, clarity, and carat. And in the FBI, we have five Cs: color, cut, clarity, carat, and criminals.
Halpern: The FBI, in collaboration with the Department of State and global partners, recently hosted the first-ever law enforcement diamond forum in The Hague, Netherlands.
A global network of experts—from both the private and public sectors—shared information, best practices, and laid the groundwork for specialized training.
Ives: The FBI wants to be part of leading a movement and bringing focus to what could, if left unchecked, result in significant crimes.
Halpern: With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics