FBI Counters Illicit Diamond Trafficking and Trade
The FBI, in collaboration with the Department of State and global partners, recently hosted the first ever law enforcement diamond forum in The Hague, Netherlands.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI is leading an effort to identify and mitigate the way criminals could use diamonds to launder money, finance terrorism, and other nefarious crimes.
Diamonds are one of the most illicitly trafficked and traded products in the world.
Eric B. Ives: Diamonds have been associated with war crimes, murder, corruption, complex organized crime, and a variety of other lesser crimes.
Halpern: That was Supervisory Special Agent Eric Ives, who heads the FBI’s Diamond Trafficking Program.
Ives: In the world of diamonds, there’s four Cs: color, cut, clarity, and carat. And in the FBI, we have five Cs: color, cut, clarity, carat, and criminals.
Halpern: The FBI, in collaboration with the Department of State and global partners, recently hosted the first-ever law enforcement diamond forum in The Hague, Netherlands.
A global network of experts—from both the private and public sectors—shared information, best practices, and laid the groundwork for specialized training.
Ives: The FBI wants to be part of leading a movement and bringing focus to what could, if left unchecked, result in significant crimes.
Halpern: With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang