FBI This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams
The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Thomas Lintner: Orlando, Dallas, San Bernardino, Boston Marathon—those are four examples of very high-profile cases that have occurred recently that the ERT teams have supported.
Halpern: That was Section Chief Thomas Lintner of the Forensic Response Section, who says protecting the integrity of evidence is painstaking and detailed work.
Lintner: Collecting evidence in a defensible manner so that it can be admitted into court is a very sophisticated process, and it requires training and discipline when you’re on the scene. And if it isn’t done properly, we lose the evidence, which, in turn, may cause us to lose a case in court.
Halpern: USERT [Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team] members are certified and forensically trained divers armed with state-of-the-art equipment.
The estimated 1,400 members of these teams support FBI investigations but also are available to assist law enforcement partners with their cases.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 09.22.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Walter Yovany Gomez
- 09.16.2016 — FBI in Thailand: Confronting the Child Sex Trade
- 09.16.2016 — John Schachnovsky, FBI Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.16.2016 — Gen. Tamasak Wicharaya, Royal Thai Police
- 09.16.2016 — Glyn T. Davies, U.S. Ambassador to Thailand
- 09.13.2016 — Ernie Weyand, FBI Assistant Legal Attaché, Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Rick Snelsire, INL Director, U.S. Embassy in Bangkok
- 09.13.2016 — Major Gen. Monthon Ngernwattanam, Royal Thai Police
- 09.13.2016 — Boom, Child Advocacy Center Director
- 09.13.2016 — Investigation of United Flight 93
- 09.06.2016 — Future Agents in Training Get Inside Look Into the FBI
- 09.02.2016 — The FBI: A Career Like No Other
- 08.29.2016 — Robbery of Blue Fins Bait, Tackle, and Guns Shop in Dundalk, Maryland (FBI Baltimore)
- 08.25.2016 — Wanted by the FBI: Nelio Martin Sotomayor-Sanchez
- 08.25.2016 — FBI, This Week: FBI Launches Bank Robbers Mobile App
- 08.18.2016 — FBI, This Week: Iris, the FBI's Electronics Detection Canine
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: The Opportunities for Linguists
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: What We Do and How to be Successful
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Why My Work Matters
- 08.17.2016 — FBI Linguists: Serving My Country