FBI This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams
The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Thomas Lintner: Orlando, Dallas, San Bernardino, Boston Marathon—those are four examples of very high-profile cases that have occurred recently that the ERT teams have supported.
Halpern: That was Section Chief Thomas Lintner of the Forensic Response Section, who says protecting the integrity of evidence is painstaking and detailed work.
Lintner: Collecting evidence in a defensible manner so that it can be admitted into court is a very sophisticated process, and it requires training and discipline when you’re on the scene. And if it isn’t done properly, we lose the evidence, which, in turn, may cause us to lose a case in court.
Halpern: USERT [Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team] members are certified and forensically trained divers armed with state-of-the-art equipment.
The estimated 1,400 members of these teams support FBI investigations but also are available to assist law enforcement partners with their cases.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 10.18.2017 — Raw Video: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.18.2017 — Former Trafficking Victim Describes Her Ordeal and Rescue
- 10.18.2017 — Operation Cross Country: 'Our Primary Goal is to Recover Children'
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom