FBI This Week: FBI Evidence Response Teams
The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Mollie Halpern: The FBI’s Evidence Response Teams, or ERTs, are deployed to complex crime scenes and catastrophic world events to recover evidence.
Thomas Lintner: Orlando, Dallas, San Bernardino, Boston Marathon—those are four examples of very high-profile cases that have occurred recently that the ERT teams have supported.
Halpern: That was Section Chief Thomas Lintner of the Forensic Response Section, who says protecting the integrity of evidence is painstaking and detailed work.
Lintner: Collecting evidence in a defensible manner so that it can be admitted into court is a very sophisticated process, and it requires training and discipline when you’re on the scene. And if it isn’t done properly, we lose the evidence, which, in turn, may cause us to lose a case in court.
Halpern: USERT [Underwater Search and Evidence Response Team] members are certified and forensically trained divers armed with state-of-the-art equipment.
The estimated 1,400 members of these teams support FBI investigations but also are available to assist law enforcement partners with their cases.
With FBI, This Week, I’m Mollie Halpern of the Bureau.
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division completes final day at RSA Conference
- 04.19.2018 — FBI San Francisco Division wraps up 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Recruiting seminar at the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Meet an FBI Bomb Technician and working K-9 at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — San Francisco section chief to speak at 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.18.2018 — Visit the FBI San Francisco Division booth at the 2018 RSA Conference
- 04.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Rafael Caro-Quintero Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 04.03.2018 — Operation Targets Dark Web Drug Buyers
- 03.29.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Available in Kevin Robert Harris, II Murder Investigation
- 03.23.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Seeking Tips in Amy Bradley Investigation
- 03.16.2018 — Facebook Live Event - FBI Investigative Publicity Program
- 03.08.2018 — Special Agent Selection Process: Core Competencies
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award