Special Agent Erin Sheridan
Special Agent Erin Sheridan discusses her career at the FBI.
Erin Sheridan: Of course, the Hollywood version of the FBI is quite different than the real-world version of the FBI. But when I was in high school, that’s when Silence of the Lambs, X-Files came out. They had those strong female characters that were very impactful in a positive way.
I’m assigned to the violent crimes task force working homicides, serial sexual assaults, or serial killings. And I tend to work on the cold cases and the unusual homicides or the unusual crimes. And for me, I am drawn to cold cases.
For the Bureau’s standpoint, they never close the cases because it is always about the victims. A lot of family members think that police and these detectives forget these cases, but they do not. Every investigator will tell you that they do this for the victims.
When you have that opportunity to witness the appreciation on the victim’s family face when a case is brought to justice, it is very rewarding, and you do have that satisfaction.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics