FBI Careers: Personnel Security Specialist
Personnel Security Specialist Yolunda speaks about her FBI career. Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov
Yolunda Willis: My name is Yolunda Willis, and I am a personnel security specialist.
I have the opportunity to process applications for anyone who applies to enter into the FBI. We're kinda considered the gatekeepers, because before entering into the FBI as an employee, you actually have to prove yourself through suitability, through an investigation process. So, our team works together, it is a very tedious and extensive process, but certainly it's important for us to go through so that everyone can make sure that our co-workers are not going to hurt or harm each other. But, in addition to that, to make sure that those that are working with us are working to safeguard our country, as well.
We're dealing with multiple cases, so you have to be very organized, you have to be prepared to think outside of the box sometimes, as well.
We all come in with a story, we all have a history and a past, and we have some great things to offer this agency, that's another great thing really about the FBI is that the sky's the limit. It's just up to the individual and exactly what they want to do, to discover the career path that they would like to seek for themselves.
Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics
- 12.13.2017 — Milwaukee-Area Pharmacy Robberies
- 11.30.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Jesus Roberto Munguia
- 11.21.2017 — FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center