FBI Careers: Personnel Security Specialist
Personnel Security Specialist Yolunda speaks about her FBI career. Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov
Yolunda Willis: My name is Yolunda Willis, and I am a personnel security specialist.
I have the opportunity to process applications for anyone who applies to enter into the FBI. We're kinda considered the gatekeepers, because before entering into the FBI as an employee, you actually have to prove yourself through suitability, through an investigation process. So, our team works together, it is a very tedious and extensive process, but certainly it's important for us to go through so that everyone can make sure that our co-workers are not going to hurt or harm each other. But, in addition to that, to make sure that those that are working with us are working to safeguard our country, as well.
We're dealing with multiple cases, so you have to be very organized, you have to be prepared to think outside of the box sometimes, as well.
We all come in with a story, we all have a history and a past, and we have some great things to offer this agency, that's another great thing really about the FBI is that the sky's the limit. It's just up to the individual and exactly what they want to do, to discover the career path that they would like to seek for themselves.
Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood