FBI Careers: Graduate Intern
Graduate Intern Leah, who works in the Criminal Investigative Division with the Art Crime program, speaks about her FBI career. Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
Leah Ferrar: My name is Leah Ferrar, and I am a graduate honors intern in the Criminal Investigative Division working with the Art Crime program. I actually just graduated from law school; in fact, I interned here during the last part of my law school career. And I graduated in 2011 from college with an English and fine arts degree. And in between college and law school, I worked in public relations, and I ran the public relations department for what was then the International Quidditch Association.
I do a lot of research into issues that are of interest to the team. I wanna keep digging into the things I'm digging into ‘cause it's absolutely fascinating.
We're very aware of the overall mission and the fact that we are here for something more than ourselves. We're here for the American people; we're here for the world in a very large way.
You know, coming in as a woman, and coming in as a queer woman, I had some reservations about the idea of pursuing a law enforcement career. I wasn't sure how well I would be accepted, how well I would be respected. I decided it was worth trying anyway, and, honestly, this has been hands down one of the most welcoming environments.
I've learned more from the people I work with on this team than I could've honestly probably in almost any private sector position in this area because they just know so much. They are the best at what they do.
Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home