FBI Careers: Graduate Intern
Graduate Intern Leah, who works in the Criminal Investigative Division with the Art Crime program, speaks about her FBI career. Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
Leah Ferrar: My name is Leah Ferrar, and I am a graduate honors intern in the Criminal Investigative Division working with the Art Crime program. I actually just graduated from law school; in fact, I interned here during the last part of my law school career. And I graduated in 2011 from college with an English and fine arts degree. And in between college and law school, I worked in public relations, and I ran the public relations department for what was then the International Quidditch Association.
I do a lot of research into issues that are of interest to the team. I wanna keep digging into the things I'm digging into ‘cause it's absolutely fascinating.
We're very aware of the overall mission and the fact that we are here for something more than ourselves. We're here for the American people; we're here for the world in a very large way.
You know, coming in as a woman, and coming in as a queer woman, I had some reservations about the idea of pursuing a law enforcement career. I wasn't sure how well I would be accepted, how well I would be respected. I decided it was worth trying anyway, and, honestly, this has been hands down one of the most welcoming environments.
I've learned more from the people I work with on this team than I could've honestly probably in almost any private sector position in this area because they just know so much. They are the best at what they do.
Learn more and apply at fbijobs.gov.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics