Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
The FBI and CISA have launched a public service announcement sharing ways you can stay cybersecure this holiday season.
Jen Easterly: Happy holidays everybody! I’m Jen Easterly, Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Bryan Vorndran: Happy holidays! I’m Bryan Vorndran, Assistant Director of the FBI’s Cyber Division.
Jen Easterly: As we enter the holidays, CISA and the FBI would like to share some tips to help our partners stay safe and secure during this holiday season.
Bryan Vorndran: Bad cyber actors aren’t making the same holiday plans as you – in fact, they may see the holidays as a good time to take advantage...
Jen Easterly: ...of the vulnerabilities inside your networks and systems while staffing is low and offices are closed.
Bryan Vorndran: Luckily, there are steps you can take to proactively protect yourself and your business against disruptive or damaging cyberattacks...
Jen Easterly: ...so you can focus on what’s most important, and that is time with family and friends.
Bryan Vorndran: CISA and the FBI encourage IT leaders, and leaders of businesses large and small, to take actions today...
Jen Easterly: ...that will help protect your systems and data:
Bryan Vorndran: Okay first, identify IT security employees for weekends and holidays who would be available to surge...
Jen Easterly: ...during these times in the event of an incident or ransomware attack.
Bryan Vorndran: Next, require all staff to use strong passwords and ensure they use different passwords for each account.
Jen Easterly: And, put multi-factor authentication in place for remote access and administrative accounts.
Bryan Vorndran: In fact, this is a good practice for all your personal online accounts.
Jen Easterly: If you use remote desktop protocol (RDP) or any other potentially risky service, ensure it is secure and monitored.
Bryan Vorndran: Talk with employees about how to recognize Phishing emails and why they should never click on a suspicious link.
Jen Easterly: And finally, review and update your incident response and communications plan.
Bryan Vorndran: We urge network defenders to prepare and remain alert over the upcoming holiday season and to quickly report any suspicious activity.
Jen Easterly: Remember, cyber risk is business risk, and cyber security is national security.
Bryan Vorndran: Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
Jen Easterly: Ultimately, good cybersecurity is not about technology – it's about people.
Bryan Vorndran: Your cyber safety should be treated like your physical safety.
Jen Easterly: Stay vigilant, take action to protect yourself and trust your instincts.
Bryan Vorndran: If something doesn't look right, there's a good chance it isn't.
Jen Easterly: Let’s work to make sure we can all enjoy some peace of mind this holiday season.
- 06.30.2022 — Ruja Ignatova Promotes OneCoin at London Event
- 06.29.2022 — FBI and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Sextortion PSA
- 06.14.2022 — Footage from Charlotte, North Carolina, Mass Shooting on June 22, 2020
- 05.17.2022 — Domestic Security Alliance Council
- 05.11.2022 — National Senior Fraud Awareness Day
- 05.10.2022 — Director Wray's 2022 National Police Week Address
- 04.28.2022 — National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 04.28.2022 — FBI Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Promotional Video
- 04.18.2022 — Missouri Bomb Task Force Renders Safe a Cannonball
- 04.05.2022 — Former Director William Webster Offers Warning About Elder Fraud
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Oregon Cyber Task Force
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Regional Computer Forensics Lab
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Cyber Special Agent
- 03.07.2022 — Made in Beijing: The Plan for Global Market Domination
- 03.02.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Fast Boat
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Night Vision Goggles
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo & FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo Hate Crimes PSA