FBI Careers: Special Agent
Supervisory Special Agent Jesus Chevere talks about his experience working with the FBI.
Jesus Chevere: My name is Jesus Chevere, I'm a supervisory special agent with the Counterterrorism Division. Currently, I'm assigned to the Military Commissions and Prosecutions Unit as the acting unit chief for the time being, and I deal with the 9/11, USS Cole, and several of the detainees charged and housed in GTMO.
My first briefing experience was actually briefing President Bush and Attorney General John Ashcroft. It was just very surreal, because here I am, I'm very young in my Bureau career, and this huge event happens, and I am now representing the FBI. So, that was a very surreal experience.
But I would have to say the most rewarding and most memorable experience has been when I deployed to Orlando for the Pulse club shooting investigation. So, I'm from Orlando, I'm Puerto Rican, I'm also one of the very few gay agents in the FBI, and when that happened, it really was very personal for me, because a lot of the people that were there, they could've been me.
It's not perfect every day, but I think it's one of the most rewarding experiences that I've had in my entire life. I haven't had an assignment that I haven't learned something from.
- 10.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Lamont Stephenson Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 10.11.2018 — New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 25, 2018 Walgreens Pharmacy Robbery
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 15, 2018 Subway Shop Robbery
- 09.24.2018 — Daughter of Slain Virginia Trooper Seeks Clues in Unsolved Case
- 09.24.2018 — FBI Crime Data Explorer
- 09.04.2018 — Facebook Live Event: An Inside Look at Physical Fitness
- 09.03.2018 — Smithsonian Assists FBI in Minnesota Ruby Slippers Case
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Information Security (InfoSec)
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Wi-Fi
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Social Engineering
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Virtual Private Networks
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Safer Campaign Communications
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Router Hardening
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Patching, Firewalls, and Anti-Virus Software
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Passwords
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Incident Response
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Have You Been Hacked?
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Cloud-Based Services
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Browser and App Safety