FBI Careers: Special Agent
Supervisory Special Agent Jesus Chevere talks about his experience working with the FBI.
Jesus Chevere: My name is Jesus Chevere, I'm a supervisory special agent with the Counterterrorism Division. Currently, I'm assigned to the Military Commissions and Prosecutions Unit as the acting unit chief for the time being, and I deal with the 9/11, USS Cole, and several of the detainees charged and housed in GTMO.
My first briefing experience was actually briefing President Bush and Attorney General John Ashcroft. It was just very surreal, because here I am, I'm very young in my Bureau career, and this huge event happens, and I am now representing the FBI. So, that was a very surreal experience.
But I would have to say the most rewarding and most memorable experience has been when I deployed to Orlando for the Pulse club shooting investigation. So, I'm from Orlando, I'm Puerto Rican, I'm also one of the very few gay agents in the FBI, and when that happened, it really was very personal for me, because a lot of the people that were there, they could've been me.
It's not perfect every day, but I think it's one of the most rewarding experiences that I've had in my entire life. I haven't had an assignment that I haven't learned something from.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics