FBI Careers: Special Agent
Special Agent Joanne speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
Joanne Payne-Preyor: Joanne Payne-Preyor, and I’m a special agent with the FBI. Right now I work the Foreign Intelligence Liaison Program, and what it is, essentially, is I act as a conduit between my assistant director in charge and the international community here in New York.
I’d have to say my proudest moment was probably my saddest moment, when I was responding to the attacks of September 11th, particularly the attack on the World Trade Center
here. And as a member of the Evidence Response Team, I was assigned to the morgue. And it was a difficult job, very difficult job, but I would not have wanted to be anywhere else, because it was so necessary.
So, in 21 years, it’s been a whirlwind, it really has. I’ve gone places that I never would have gone, I’ve seen things that I never would have seen, I’ve been involved in a lot of major investigations, and it really has been one the best things that I've done in my life.
- 11.15.2019 — What is an #UnexpectedAgent?
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgents: Life Experiences
- 11.15.2019 — Female Special Agents at the FBI
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agents Protecting our Communities
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Fitness
- 11.15.2019 — FBI Special Agent Culture and Community
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Sussana Iljazi
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Scot Huntsberry
- 11.15.2019 — #UnexpectedAgent: Special Agent Marlo Graham
- 11.08.2019 — Native American Students Learn About FBI STEM Careers
- 11.08.2019 — Applying STEM at the FBI
- 11.08.2019 — STEM at the FBI Laboratory Division
- 11.07.2019 — Inside the FBI's National Threat Operations Center
- 11.07.2019 — My Positive Huntsville
- 11.07.2019 — My Phenomenal Huntsville
- 10.23.2019 — Seeking Fugitive Ricardo Rusan for Suspected Role in Bank Robberies
- 10.23.2019 — FBI Director Discusses Protected Voices Initiative
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Social Media Literacy
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Ransomware
- 10.23.2019 — Protected Voices: Supply Chain