FBI Careers: Special Agent
Special Agent Joanne speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
Joanne Payne-Preyor: Joanne Payne-Preyor, and I’m a special agent with the FBI. Right now I work the Foreign Intelligence Liaison Program, and what it is, essentially, is I act as a conduit between my assistant director in charge and the international community here in New York.
I’d have to say my proudest moment was probably my saddest moment, when I was responding to the attacks of September 11th, particularly the attack on the World Trade Center
here. And as a member of the Evidence Response Team, I was assigned to the morgue. And it was a difficult job, very difficult job, but I would not have wanted to be anywhere else, because it was so necessary.
So, in 21 years, it’s been a whirlwind, it really has. I’ve gone places that I never would have gone, I’ve seen things that I never would have seen, I’ve been involved in a lot of major investigations, and it really has been one the best things that I've done in my life.
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 01.26.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh: Where We Work
- 01.26.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Human Trafficking
- 01.25.2022 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Cyber Hygiene
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran