FBI Careers: Management and Program Analyst
Management and Program Analyst Mia speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Mia Parker, and I’m a management and program analyst in the Cyber Division.
I actually joined the FBI during an internship the summer between my junior and senior years, and it changed my life. I never thought before doing my internship that I’d want to work for the FBI, but I fell in love with the people that summer. I love everything about being a MAPA. I’m a very creative, driven person, and I really like that our position offers us the flexibility to find programmatic or procedural deficiencies and implement solutions.
When I go out and talk to people, I like to describe our position as water—whatever mold you pour us into, we adapt quickly and we fill the gap. We have a huge mission and people count on us, so we need people who know where we came from but can see where we want to take the FBI because the landscape out there is changing. Criminals aren’t the same as they were in 1908 when we were created, so we need people to see the future and move us towards that or even past that.
Every day is different as a MAPA, and I couldn’t imagine myself in any other job series.
- 10.12.2018 — Wanted by the FBI: Lamont Stephenson Added to Ten Most Wanted Fugitives List
- 10.11.2018 — New Sit-Up Protocol for FBI Mandatory Physical Fitness Test
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 25, 2018 Walgreens Pharmacy Robbery
- 10.03.2018 — FBI Phoenix: Mismatch Bandit, September 15, 2018 Subway Shop Robbery
- 09.24.2018 — Daughter of Slain Virginia Trooper Seeks Clues in Unsolved Case
- 09.24.2018 — FBI Crime Data Explorer
- 09.04.2018 — Facebook Live Event: An Inside Look at Physical Fitness
- 09.03.2018 — Smithsonian Assists FBI in Minnesota Ruby Slippers Case
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Information Security (InfoSec)
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Wi-Fi
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Social Engineering
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Virtual Private Networks
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Safer Campaign Communications
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Router Hardening
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Patching, Firewalls, and Anti-Virus Software
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Passwords
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Incident Response
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Have You Been Hacked?
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Cloud-Based Services
- 08.30.2018 — Protected Voices: Browser and App Safety