FBI Careers: Management and Program Analyst
Management and Program Analyst Mia speaks about her experience working for the FBI.
My name is Mia Parker, and I’m a management and program analyst in the Cyber Division.
I actually joined the FBI during an internship the summer between my junior and senior years, and it changed my life. I never thought before doing my internship that I’d want to work for the FBI, but I fell in love with the people that summer. I love everything about being a MAPA. I’m a very creative, driven person, and I really like that our position offers us the flexibility to find programmatic or procedural deficiencies and implement solutions.
When I go out and talk to people, I like to describe our position as water—whatever mold you pour us into, we adapt quickly and we fill the gap. We have a huge mission and people count on us, so we need people who know where we came from but can see where we want to take the FBI because the landscape out there is changing. Criminals aren’t the same as they were in 1908 when we were created, so we need people to see the future and move us towards that or even past that.
Every day is different as a MAPA, and I couldn’t imagine myself in any other job series.
- 02.20.2018 — Facebook Live Event: FBI Victim Assistance
- 02.20.2018 — Seeking Information in Memphis Gas Station Robbery
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.16.2018 — Children of Thomas Wales Seek Information
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics