FBI Careers: IT Specialist
IT Specialist Stephen speaks about his experience working for the FBI.
Stephen Luhan: My name is Stephen Luhan; I'm an IT specialist with the Operational Technology Division, Technical Surveillance Section, Video Surveillance Unit.
My day-to-day within the Video Surveillance Unit, I'm one of the project managers and lead liaisons for our inter-agency partners, as well as our operational divisions that we provide support to, as well as I provide technical solutions and hands-on work out in the field to deploy our video surveillance technology.
When the 9/11 attacks happened, I was deployed up to the Strategic Intel Operations Center, SIOC, at FBI Headquarters, and I provided computer support for the 9/11 operation.
Seeing the FBI Director there at the time, and seeing his face, and the pure understanding of what was going on at the time and his grace under pressure, really solidified my feeling of working for the Bureau, and why I was there to contribute to the mission, to help not only with 9/11, but also with any operational support that the Bureau had at the time.
It’s been very rewarding for me, there’s a lot of opportunities that are out there for individuals to utilize their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll