FBI Careers: Intelligence Analyst
Intelligence Analyst Ashley Evans talks about her experience working with the FBI.
I'm Ashley Evans, and I'm an intelligence analyst with the Washington Field Office of the FBI.
My typical day-to-day job as an analyst involves a lot of research and a lot of reading. I spend a lot of my time reading the information that the special agents on my squad have collected and then doing more research about it if there is any gaps or any information that we're missing. I try and fill that in with information from other intelligence community sources or from other government agencies or from the public sector information that we might have.
By far my proudest moment as an FBI employee is when we were able to have some LGBT employees deployed down to Orlando after the attack on the Pules night club there in June to help support the Office of Victim Assistance and build trust with the LGBT community there. It was obviously a really terrible situation to have happened in the first place. But, one of the things the FBI does best is respond to crisis. And I like to say that crisis-FBI is the very best FBI.
Even though I've been working at the FBI for six years now, one of the coolest things is still sometimes just walking through the front door that says FBI in the morning and touching my badge that lets me go through the security door and just thinking like, “Wow, this is my life now. I work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and it is the coolest thing ever."
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home