FBI Careers: Executive Administrative Specialist
Executive Administrative Specialist Jessica Gonzales talks about her experience working at the FBI.
Jessica Gonzales: My name is Jessica Gonzalez, I am the executive administrative specialist for the FBI office here in New York.
So, my typical day is to make sure that the assistant director in charge is very, very, very happy. I make sure I sit down with my boss, I make sure everything is up to par in his calendar, that he knows where he's going, where he needs to go, if any changes need to be made. I interact with anyone that's coming in that particular day, making sure that they get up here on time, that they don't have problems coming into the building. I take all the calls for the assistant director, I take all the calls for myself, anything that really any of the SACs need.
We live in a world where things change. You go to bed one night and things are okay, and you wake up the next morning and things are not okay. And that is what we work with here. So I come in as the EAS for that particular day, but I perhaps could be tasked to do something that has nothing to do with my job title, and I'm okay with it. So if you have the ability to adapt and be flexible and work with different types of people and put yourself out there and know that, no matter what you're doing on that particular day, we are all working for the same common goal, and it is to keep our nation safe.
Yeah, "like" is not the word that I would use. I love my job. I love getting up every morning, getting dressed, coming to work, and knowing that the difference that I make might not be tremendous every day, but I am making a difference, in every small task that we do here. So, I love my job.
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang
- 06.08.2017 — Thieves Steal Jeep from Rancho Bernardo Home
- 06.08.2017 — National Academy Graduates 50,000th Student
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Activist Andrew Holmes Works to Strengthen Relationships With Law Enforcement
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Describes Evolution of Violence
- 05.30.2017 — Fighting Violent Crime in Chicago
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago School Principal Describes Unique Challenges
- 05.30.2017 — Chicago FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Anderson Describes Countering Violence
- 05.26.2017 — Women Rising: Stories From Trailblazing Female Leaders of the FBI
- 05.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: National Missing Children’s Day
- 05.26.2017 — FBI Special Agent Careers
- 05.14.2017 — E-Check: Edit Search Criteria at Validation Screen
- 05.03.2017 — Special Agent Theo Williams
- 05.03.2017 — 2016 Director’s Community Leadership Awards