FBI Dallas COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
Matthew DeSarno, special agent in charge of the FBI Dallas Field Office, provides a COVID-19 public service announcement to the community in this video.
Hello, my name is Matthew DeSarno, special agent in charge of the FBI Dallas Field Office. While all of us are doing our part during this current pandemic to social distance, modify our normal work structure, and turn our homes into offices and classrooms, I wanted to take this opportunity to share information about how FBI Dallas is protecting North Texas citizens, and to share ways you can report suspicious activity during this unprecedented time.
I first want to assure you that the FBI’s overall mission to protect the United States of America and defend the Constitution has not changed. Moreover, FBI Dallas’ vision to carry out our mission has not changed. That is, we remain one team reaching worldwide to defeat America’s threats; seamlessly integrating with the public and private sector, attentive and responsive to victims, while remaining innovative, adaptable, and offensive minded in the face of evolving and formidable adversaries.
We continue to take complaints from the public and our special agents, intelligence analysts, and professional staff work together to conduct investigations in tandem with our federal, state, and local law enforcement partners to keep you safe. Likewise, we continue to engage both our community and private sector partners to share information and find better ways to execute our mission.
In keeping with federal guidelines for combatting the spread and contraction of COVID-19, we have modified our safety procedures to protect our employees and the citizens in our community. FBI agents and response teams wear personal protective equipment, or PPE, during interviews, searches, and arrests.
No matter the obstacles COVID-19 has created, FBI Dallas has sustained our operational requirements and we continue to investigate public corruption, white collar crime, violent crime, terrorism, cyber crime and counterintelligence matters that threaten our community.
Yet, despite our efforts, threat actors continue to engage in criminal activity. In fact, we are seeing individuals currently trying to exploit the current COVID-19 pandemic. These individuals are engaged in price gouging, attempted sales of counterfeit PPE, and a host of other fraud schemes designed to take advantage of you. We are relying on the public to provide any information regarding criminal activity and we encourage you to report this activity to us at 1-800-CALLFBI or tips.fbi.gov.
Additionally, coronavirus-related fraud can also be reported to the National Center for Disaster Fraud (NCDF) at 866-720-5721 or via email to email@example.com. FBI Dallas employees and our task force officers across the state are working diligently to eliminate COVID-19 related fraud. Please do your part and report any instances or suspected instances of fraud directly to the FBI or to the National Center for Disaster Fraud.
In closing, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the medical professionals, first responders, fellow law enforcement officers, and FBI employees who remain on the frontlines treating patients and protecting our community during this crisis. Without you, countless more lives would be at risk. Lastly, I’d like to thank our North Texas community for your unwavering support of the FBI. We hope that you and your loved ones remain healthy and safe.
- 06.04.2020 — Director Wray’s Remarks Regarding Civil Unrest in Wake of George Floyd’s Death
- 06.01.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Congratulates Penguins Foundation
- 05.28.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast: IC3 Turns 20
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Phoenix Joins Arizona Law Enforcement Leaders in Honoring the Fallen
- 05.21.2020 — FBI Sacramento SAC Congratulates Fairfield Police Chief
- 05.18.2020 — 2020 Police Week FBI Chicago Candlelight Vigil
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Dallas Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.15.2020 — FBI Honolulu COVID-19 Public Service Announcement
- 05.15.2020 — FBI San Diego Honors Fallen Officers During National Police Week
- 05.15.2020 — FBI New Orleans Recognizes Peace Officers Memorial Day
- 05.14.2020 — 2020 FBI Wall of Honor Memorial Service
- 05.14.2020 — Director Wray Honors Law Enforcement Partners During National Police Week
- 05.11.2020 — Minneapolis FBI Honors Fallen Agents in National Police Week Message
- 05.08.2020 — Jacksonville SAC Congratulates High School Graduates
- 05.08.2020 — Seattle FBI Recognizes Fallen Officers in Police Week Message
- 04.30.2020 — Inside the FBI Podcast Trailer: FBI Top Ten List Turns 70
- 04.30.2020 — FBI Jacksonville Honors Director's Community Leadership Award Recipient
- 04.29.2020 — FBI Volunteers Assist Families in Philadelphia
- 04.22.2020 — FBI San Francisco COVID-19 Public Service Announcement