FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI's Cyber Division, and Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer at Dominion Energy Services, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Hello, I’m Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI Cyber Division.
And I’m Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer here at Dominion Energy.
Vorndran: The United States has suffered multiple ransomware attacks in the last several months, with several targeting our country’s critical infrastructure.
Lee: At Dominion, we serve over seven million retail energy customers across 16 states. Providing and protecting their energy is our top priority, especially here in our Systems Operations Center. But the scale and complexity of the cyber threat mean that no one entity can face it alone.
Vorndran: The security and resilience of our critical infrastructure is based on collaboration and information sharing. Our FBI Cyber Division can help companies identify the threats and hazards that pose the greatest risks to their networks.
Lee: Collaboration at all levels is critical to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and all other users of the Internet.
Vorndran: Your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan. If you do experience a breach, make sure you report the compromise early.
Lee: The FBI cannot be nearly as effective without our cooperation. Remember, cyber risk is business risk.
Vorndran: And cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
- 09.15.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: The FBI's Safe Online Surfing Internet Challenge
- 09.09.2023 — Nationals Video 2023
- 08.29.2023 — FBI Director Christopher Wray Announces Major Operation Targeting the Qakbot Botnet
- 08.23.2023 — Little Rock Operation Cross Country 2023
- 08.18.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Searching for Steven
- 08.16.2023 — FBI Kansas Intern Experience 2023
- 08.15.2023 — Susan Wright talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Dave Kadela talks about FBI Richmond's Diversity Agent Recruitment Event
- 08.15.2023 — Britany Perkins DAR Video
- 08.14.2023 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 08.08.2023 — Making Sense of FISA Section 702
- 08.01.2023 — Video Footage from Operation Cross Country 13
- 07.31.2023 — Defending Against AI Threats
- 07.28.2023 — FBI Dallas Joint Operation Targets Gang Members, Violent Criminals
- 07.27.2023 — FBI Columbia Citizens Academy
- 07.27.2023 — Identity Theft Victim Shares Her Story
- 07.26.2023 — Director Wray Addresses FBI Atlanta Cyber Threat Summit
- 07.26.2023 — FBI Cyber and Nebraska Farm Bureau
- 07.24.2023 — Director Wray NOBLE Speech
- 07.20.2023 — Director Wray Lauds the FBI's Partnerships