FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI's Cyber Division, and Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer at Dominion Energy Services, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Hello, I’m Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI Cyber Division.
And I’m Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer here at Dominion Energy.
Vorndran: The United States has suffered multiple ransomware attacks in the last several months, with several targeting our country’s critical infrastructure.
Lee: At Dominion, we serve over seven million retail energy customers across 16 states. Providing and protecting their energy is our top priority, especially here in our Systems Operations Center. But the scale and complexity of the cyber threat mean that no one entity can face it alone.
Vorndran: The security and resilience of our critical infrastructure is based on collaboration and information sharing. Our FBI Cyber Division can help companies identify the threats and hazards that pose the greatest risks to their networks.
Lee: Collaboration at all levels is critical to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and all other users of the Internet.
Vorndran: Your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan. If you do experience a breach, make sure you report the compromise early.
Lee: The FBI cannot be nearly as effective without our cooperation. Remember, cyber risk is business risk.
Vorndran: And cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 11.05.2021 — FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets