FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI's Cyber Division, and Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer at Dominion Energy Services, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Hello, I’m Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI Cyber Division.
And I’m Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer here at Dominion Energy.
Vorndran: The United States has suffered multiple ransomware attacks in the last several months, with several targeting our country’s critical infrastructure.
Lee: At Dominion, we serve over seven million retail energy customers across 16 states. Providing and protecting their energy is our top priority, especially here in our Systems Operations Center. But the scale and complexity of the cyber threat mean that no one entity can face it alone.
Vorndran: The security and resilience of our critical infrastructure is based on collaboration and information sharing. Our FBI Cyber Division can help companies identify the threats and hazards that pose the greatest risks to their networks.
Lee: Collaboration at all levels is critical to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and all other users of the Internet.
Vorndran: Your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan. If you do experience a breach, make sure you report the compromise early.
Lee: The FBI cannot be nearly as effective without our cooperation. Remember, cyber risk is business risk.
Vorndran: And cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll