FBI and Dominion Energy Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI's Cyber Division, and Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer at Dominion Energy Services, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure.
Hello, I’m Bryan Vorndran, assistant director of the FBI Cyber Division.
And I’m Adam Lee, vice president and chief security officer here at Dominion Energy.
Vorndran: The United States has suffered multiple ransomware attacks in the last several months, with several targeting our country’s critical infrastructure.
Lee: At Dominion, we serve over seven million retail energy customers across 16 states. Providing and protecting their energy is our top priority, especially here in our Systems Operations Center. But the scale and complexity of the cyber threat mean that no one entity can face it alone.
Vorndran: The security and resilience of our critical infrastructure is based on collaboration and information sharing. Our FBI Cyber Division can help companies identify the threats and hazards that pose the greatest risks to their networks.
Lee: Collaboration at all levels is critical to preventing lasting harm to businesses, consumers, and all other users of the Internet.
Vorndran: Your next step should be to develop an incident response plan and to include the FBI in that plan. If you do experience a breach, make sure you report the compromise early.
Lee: The FBI cannot be nearly as effective without our cooperation. Remember, cyber risk is business risk.
Vorndran: And cyber security is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
- 06.30.2022 — Ruja Ignatova Promotes OneCoin at London Event
- 06.29.2022 — FBI and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Sextortion PSA
- 06.14.2022 — Footage from Charlotte, North Carolina, Mass Shooting on June 22, 2020
- 05.17.2022 — Domestic Security Alliance Council
- 05.11.2022 — National Senior Fraud Awareness Day
- 05.10.2022 — Director Wray's 2022 National Police Week Address
- 04.28.2022 — National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month PSA (FBI Los Angeles)
- 04.28.2022 — FBI Los Angeles Diversity Agent Recruitment Event Promotional Video
- 04.18.2022 — Missouri Bomb Task Force Renders Safe a Cannonball
- 04.05.2022 — Former Director William Webster Offers Warning About Elder Fraud
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Oregon Cyber Task Force
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Regional Computer Forensics Lab
- 03.29.2022 — FBI Portland Cyber Recruiting: Cyber Special Agent
- 03.07.2022 — Made in Beijing: The Plan for Global Market Domination
- 03.02.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Fast Boat
- 03.01.2022 — HRT Mobility Team - Night Vision Goggles
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo & FBI Rochester Hate Crimes PSA
- 02.28.2022 — FBI Buffalo Hate Crimes PSA