FBI Dallas and Ross Perot Jr. Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
Matthew DeSarno, special agent in charge of FBI Dallas, and Ross Perot, Jr., chairman of the Perot Companies and Hillwood, discuss how they work together to defend the country's critical infrastructure. Cyber risk is business risk and cybersecurity is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities.
My name is Matthew DeSarno, Special Agent in Charge of FBI Dallas.
And I’m Ross Perot, Jr., chairman of the Perot Companies and Hillwood.
DeSarno: In the last few years, we’ve seen a significant increase in cyber attacks against our private sector companies, critical infrastructure, and government agencies.
Perot: A cyber breach can cause lasting harm to your business and its stakeholders, which is why partnering with your local FBI field office should be one of your top priorities.
DeSarno: The first step is getting to know your local FBI cyber team and the current threat environment.
Perot: If you haven’t already, develop a formal incident response plan, and include the FBI in that plan.
DeSarno: Next, report the compromise. Whether you experience a breach, or your team identifies something out of the ordinary, share that information early and often. You can contact your local field office day or night, or file a report at www.IC3.gov.
Perot: Remember, cyber risk is business risk.
DeSarno: And cybersecurity is national security. Together, we can defend America’s values, ingenuity, critical infrastructure, and business equities through robust and enduring partnerships.
- 02.06.2023 — Inside The FBI Podcast: For The Love Of Money
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Romance Scams (2021 Rerelease)
- 02.01.2023 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Submitting Tips to the Bureau
- 01.31.2023 — FBI Seattle Discusses Myths of Human Trafficking
- 01.16.2023 — FBI Announces $10,000 Reward for Information Leading to Arrest in Unsolved Murders
- 01.13.2023 — Section Chief Jose Perez on Violent Crime Operations
- 01.12.2023 — Sextortion PSA – Salt Lake City
- 01.10.2023 — Madalina Cojocari Missing Person's Vodcast
- 12.29.2022 — FBI Atlanta: Surveillance in Ebenezer Baptist Church Vandalism Investigation
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)