Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
Cyber Division Assistant Director Bryan Vorndran discusses the FBI’s role in the unsealing of the grand jury indictment of two Iranian individuals alleged involvement with interfering with the U.S. 2020 presidential election.
Bryan Vorndran: On October 22, 2020, FBI and CISA publicly announced the Iranian campaign to intimidate and influence American voters and otherwise undermine voter confidence and create discord in the 2020 U.S. election process. This attack on our democracy will not be tolerated.
Today, the Department of Justice is announcing grand jury indictments of two Iranian nationals for their alleged participation in a multi-faceted campaign aimed at influencing and interfering with the United States 2020 presidential election.
We thank the Department of Treasury for their role in sanctioning six Iranian nationals and Emennet Pasargad and Department of State and all of our partners who stop at nothing to hold malicious cyber actors accountable.
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran
- 10.29.2021 — Inside the FBI Podcast: UFOs
- 10.29.2021 — FBI New Haven: Help Stop Hate Crimes
- 10.26.2021 — FBI and Partners Target Online Drug Markets
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Ransomware?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: Steps to Protect Yourself
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What is Cryptocurrency?
- 10.21.2021 — Cybersecurity Awareness Month: What to Know About Common Scams
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Tampa Seeking Capitol Breach Fugitive Jonathan Pollock
- 10.18.2021 — FBI Jacksonville and NASCAR Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.18.2021 — Sister Seeks Answers in Robin Shea's Murder 40 Years Ago
- 10.18.2021 — Wanted By the FBI: Andrew Peter Dabbs
- 10.17.2021 — FBI Director Wray Remarks for National Police Week 2021