Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
FBI Salt Lake City warns when shopping online during the holiday season—or any time of year—to always be wary of deals that seem too good to be true. They probably are. This consumer shares advice from her experience: "Lesson learned is read reviews, (and) only shop at reputable sites."
So I was on Facebook and saw this website that came through, and it looked like it was a reputable website. So I clicked on it and saw these beautiful dresses.
The dress online was a mustard-colored dress with a flower print on it.
This is what I received. It was not anything close to what I ordered. What I received was maybe material that was put together to look like a shirt. I can’t even bring myself to use it as a cleaning cloth.
The lowest of quality. It just was nothing close to what was the picture that I had clicked on and ordered.
The reviews were bad and sadly I did not read the reviews before I ordered my dresses. I spent probably about 60 dollars. They said that they would refund my purchase. They never refunded my purchase.
Lesson learned is read reviews, only shop at reputable sites.
Every year, thousands of people become victims of holiday scams. Report Internet scams to IC3.gov.
- 11.22.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (2 of 2)
- 11.21.2022 — B-Roll JCODE Takedown Los Angeles 110122
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (September 12, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.18.2022 — FBI Philadelphia: Surveillance Video in Serial Armed Robberies Investigation (October 8, 2022 Robbery)
- 11.15.2022 — FBI Charlotte: Surveillance Video in Crisis Pregnancy Center Arson Investigation (1 of 2)
- 11.14.2022 — FBI Buffalo: Surveillance in CompassCare Arson Investigation
- 11.11.2022 — Little Rock B-Roll 110922
- 11.07.2022 — FBI and Wounded Warrior Regiment Connect for Career and Fitness Event
- 10.25.2022 — FBI Honolulu and Bank of Guam Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Short)
- 10.06.2022 — FBI and Moderna Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Long)
- 10.03.2022 — FBI Dallas Continues Hate Crime Awareness Efforts
- 09.16.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.14.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Recent Cyber Activity
- 09.12.2022 — Violent Crime Takedown B-Roll
- 09.12.2022 — FBI Director Christopher Wray on How the FBI Is Helping to Combat Violent Crime
- 09.09.2022 — FBI Minneapolis Seeks Public’s Help in Identifying Person of Interest in South Dakota Homicide
- 09.07.2022 — Cyber PSA from FBI Jacksonville
- 08.26.2022 — FBI Jacksonville Collegiate Academy PSA
- 08.14.2022 — Operation Cross Country 2022 B-Roll