FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
J.P. Kennedy, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York, and Steve Belongia, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Buffalo Field Office, provide remarks on the integrity and security of the 2020 elections.
I’m J.P. Kennedy, the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York.
And I’m Steve Belongia, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Buffalo Office.
We want to talk to you today about an issue of great importance to all Americans.
The integrity and security of our 2020 elections.
Soon, we will exercise one of the most cherished rights and the one right that lies at the foundation of our democracy. And that right is the right to vote in a free and fair election.
The FBI is the primary investigative agency responsible for malicious cyber activity against cyber infrastructure, malign foreign influence operations, and election-related crimes like voter fraud and voter suppression.
If we see indications of foreign interference or federal election crimes, we will work aggressively with our partners to take appropriate action, including seeking criminal charges where warranted.
Together, we are committed to protecting the American people, our democracy, and the integrity of our elections.
Your voice matters, so protect it.
- 11.18.2020 — Highlights from Director Wray's Remarks at World Economic Forum Annual Meeting on Cybersecurity
- 11.18.2020 — FBI San Diego Thanksgiving Message
- 11.13.2020 — Remarks by Sanjay Virmani About IRGC Covert Influence Campaign
- 11.10.2020 — FBI Tampa Veterans Day Message
- 10.23.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Wanted to Let the Light In
- 10.23.2020 — Brent Gillespie: Please Come Forward
- 10.22.2020 — Branson Jernigan: It Seems Like People Have Been Forgetting About Her
- 10.21.2020 — Fresno’s Breaking the Chains Receives FBI Director’s Community Leadership Award
- 10.20.2020 — Kole Gusé: She's Probably Dead
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul