FBI Buffalo and U.S. Attorney Remarks on Integrity and Security of Elections
J.P. Kennedy, U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York, and Steve Belongia, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Buffalo Field Office, provide remarks on the integrity and security of the 2020 elections.
I’m J.P. Kennedy, the United States Attorney for the Western District of New York.
And I’m Steve Belongia, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Buffalo Office.
We want to talk to you today about an issue of great importance to all Americans.
The integrity and security of our 2020 elections.
Soon, we will exercise one of the most cherished rights and the one right that lies at the foundation of our democracy. And that right is the right to vote in a free and fair election.
The FBI is the primary investigative agency responsible for malicious cyber activity against cyber infrastructure, malign foreign influence operations, and election-related crimes like voter fraud and voter suppression.
If we see indications of foreign interference or federal election crimes, we will work aggressively with our partners to take appropriate action, including seeking criminal charges where warranted.
Together, we are committed to protecting the American people, our democracy, and the integrity of our elections.
Your voice matters, so protect it.
- 03.03.2021 — Seeking Information in Baltimore Armed Robbery, Shooting
- 02.26.2021 — Women's History Month: FBI Newark Special Agent Laura Allen
- 02.18.2021 — CJIS Noncriminal Rap Back Service
- 02.10.2021 — FBI Warns of Romance Scams
- 02.08.2021 — Daniel Alfin Memorial Service: Honor Guard Pays Tribute to Special Agent
- 01.27.2021 — FBI Pittsburgh Hosts Substance Abuse Discussion
- 01.26.2021 — Trailer: FBI Pittsburgh Hosts Substance Abuse Discussion
- 01.15.2021 — FBI San Francisco Field Office Message on Protecting Communities
- 01.12.2021 — Vodcast: Wanted by the FBI - Hung Tien Pham
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Reshipping Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns the Public About Work From Home Scams
- 12.31.2020 — FBI Washington Field Office Warns Consumers About Gift Card Scams
- 12.22.2020 — Be Aware of Online Shopping Scams this Holiday Season
- 12.21.2020 — FBI Special Agent in Charge Craig Fair announces reward in San Francisco church arson
- 12.16.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Highlights Teen Academy
- 12.16.2020 — Luis Quesada: Felices Fiestas
- 12.16.2020 — FBI El Paso Holiday Message
- 12.09.2020 — Seeking Information on Man Who Fired Rifle at Chicago Metra Stop
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Shopping Scams
- 12.03.2020 — FBI Omaha Offers Strategies to Beat Social Media Scams