Asha Degree Age-Progression by National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
In January 2020, the non-profit National Center for Missing & Exploited Children produced an age-progression of Asha Degree, a North Carolina girl who was 9 years old when she disappeared 20 years ago on February 14, 2000.
Slide: The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children released a new age-progression of Asha Degree, who disappeared on February 14, 2000, at age 9.
Slide: FBI Charlotte and local investigators continue to seek information about the North Carolina girl's disappearance.
Colin McNally, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children: It’s all photo compositing. It’s a manual process. It’s a combination of digital painting, photo compositing, borrowing features from not only the photos we have of Asha to create the age-progression, but biological reference photos.
It’s me looking at the images. It’s subjective on my part. But I can get that feedback from the other artists that work here at NCMEC. So, it’s not just me looking at the image; it’s the other artists looking, too, and giving their opinion. And it’s sort of a big collaborative effort to put out the best possible image of what this child might look like at 29 years old.
What we’re trying to do is provide hope-based images—tools to help families that have these long-term missing children in the hope that, as part of the collaborative effort here at NCMEC we can create an image that might have a child brought home.
Slide: Tips and Information - (704) 672-6100
- 10.19.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Damaged Family
- 10.18.2020 — Zach Gusé: I Lost My Mind
- 10.17.2020 — David Kaulk: We May Never See Her Again
- 10.16.2020 — Brad Bilderback: Somebody Knows Something
- 10.15.2020 — Proteger Su Voto
- 10.15.2020 — FBI Pittsburgh Remarks on QQAAZZ Indictment
- 10.15.2020 — Richard Eddy: Witness
- 10.14.2020 — Melissa Gusé: Your Mind Wanders
- 10.13.2020 — Chicago FBI Asks Public to Assist on Election Security
- 10.13.2020 — Zach Gusé: My Whole Body and Soul
- 10.07.2020 — In the Aftermath
- 10.06.2020 — FBI San Diego Describes Election Security Efforts
- 10.06.2020 — Safeguarding Your Vote: A Joint Message on Election Security
- 10.05.2020 — FBI San Francisco Statement on East Bay PPP Case
- 09.30.2020 — The Nevernight Connection
- 09.29.2020 — FBI Dallas Describes Role in Protecting Election Process
- 09.25.2020 — The Right to Vote
- 09.25.2020 — Voter Fraud
- 09.25.2020 — Election Laws
- 09.25.2020 — Protecting Elections