Special Agent R.B.
Special Agent R.B. was an assistant special agent in charge at the Washington Field Office on September 11, 2001, and was the senior FBI official and the initial on-scene commander at the Pentagon. He established the interagency Joint Operations Center and coordinated the FBI’s rescue, recovery, and evidence collection process.
Most certainly 9/11 was a changing point for this country and for the FBI, as well, as far as terrorism goes because there were individuals who had not been working terrorism who suddenly wanted to work terrorism.
And it wasn't just for their own career development or enhancement. it was because they realized what exactly was involved and the stakes that were involved.
And it became the FBI's number-one priority, which it still remains to this day.
Terrorism was one of the top priorities for the FBI, but it was one of--it was almost among equals. It was one of many priorities. You really only can have one priority--you only can have one top priority.
And the very fact that Director Mueller, being brand new on the job. You talk about being brand new on the job and having something of that magnitude hitting you the first week on the job.
But he made it very clear that we were going to do everything as an organization, everything possible to make sure this never happened again.
You can do everything possible in your power and still not prevent terrorism.
But, be that as it may, you have to make sure you've done everything possible.
And that was the marching orders from day-one: there would be no leads that would not go uncovered, there would be everything that we could do as an organization.
And not just our own organization, but working in close collaboration with so many others in the intelligence community.
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership (Extended)
- 01.27.2022 — FBI Los Angeles and Southern California Edison Describe Cybersecurity Partnership
- 01.26.2022 — FBI Pittsburgh: Where We Work
- 01.26.2022 — Director Wray Addresses Human Trafficking
- 01.25.2022 — FBI Phoenix Tech Tuesday: Cyber Hygiene
- 01.12.2022 — Inside the FBI Podcast: Fighting Violent Crime
- 12.21.2021 — FBI Seattle Warns About Ransomware
- 12.20.2021 — Stay Cybersecure This Holiday Season
- 12.07.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Scams
- 12.06.2021 — Consumer Shares Their Holiday Shopping Scam Experience
- 12.02.2021 — Victim of Romance Scam Who Became Money Mule Tells Story
- 11.23.2021 — Citizens Academy Alumni Association President Reflects on Organization's Role
- 11.22.2021 — Karen Corrigan Describes Role of FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Association
- 11.19.2021 — FBI Salt Lake City Warns About Holiday Scams
- 11.18.2021 — Iranian Nationals Charged with Interfering in 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
- 11.16.2021 — Sister of Missing Woman Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Disappearance
- 11.16.2021 — Mother of Katelin Akens Marks Six Years Since Daughter's Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Inside the FBI: Health Care Fraud
- 11.15.2021 — Friend of Missing Person John Tran Seeks Clues in Disappearance
- 11.15.2021 — Missing Person: John Bui Tran