Special Agent P.M.
Special Agent P.M. was in charge of site security at the crime scene near Shanksville, Pennsylvania after terrorists crashed a plane there on September 11, 2001.
I can recall walking over to the crater and standing. And there was an NTSB official that was standing next to me that was in charge of their group.
And I looked at him and I said, "Where's the airplane?"
And he said, "It's in that hole."
And I said, "No, that's impossible."
And he said, "No, it's not. It's physics."
The speed of the aircraft and the fact that it's a hollow tube. It's like a straw.
The energy that went into that crash. He said the materials we're looking for are in that hole.
And they showed me a mark in the ground where he thought the tail would hit because it was inverted.
He said there are the engines, out there. The wings would have opened up. The fuel would have spilled. That's why you see the fires in the tree line. All the trees are charred.
And so, you learn those sorts of things if you've never been to a crash site before. You kind of try to pick up very quickly what's going on and what you're dealing with.
And he, obviously, had been to many crashes and knew what to look for.
And the people that initially got there and looked around had the same questions I did: "Where is the plane?" "Where are the materials from this airplane?"
It was hard to believe that they were contained in that hole, other than for a few parts.
And as they started to excavate you realized, yeah, there are pieces coming out of there that are obviously pieces of aircraft.
- 10.18.2017 — Raw Video: Operation Cross Country XI
- 10.18.2017 — Former Trafficking Victim Describes Her Ordeal and Rescue
- 10.18.2017 — Operation Cross Country: 'Our Primary Goal is to Recover Children'
- 10.12.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Endangered Child Alert Program Seeks Information on Jane Doe 39
- 10.11.2017 — Compact Council Ratification Overview
- 10.11.2017 — Audio of Jane Doe 39
- 10.02.2017 — FBI Chicago Internships and Careers
- 09.28.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Missing Woman Rachel Louise Cooke
- 09.26.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: New Top Ten Fugitive Santiago Villalba Mederos
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom