Special Agent J.P.
Special Agent J.P., assigned to the Washington Field Office Joint Terrorism Task Force, was one of three on-scene commanders at the Pentagon.
What strikes me, I think, the most and what's most vivid in my mind is when we had that aircraft coming in. And we were told there's another aircraft coming in towards D.C.
At the time they gave us was it's eight minutes out. So you could hear a pin drop in that command post.
A lot of emotions. You could hear a lot of sobbing.
It was just agents who you see every day that you see for the first time really just quite emotional and taking and putting your arm around them, telling them to stay at their seats, telling them to, uh, task at hand.
Meanwhile we see the towers crumbling.
And it was quite an emotional scene. It really was.
And that final aircraft coming out. I was looking at our aviation coordinator, our airport liaison officer. He was on the phone with FAA.
And he's looking at me and he's going, "We don't have it."
So him and I are just staring at each other, just counting down.
The eight-minute mark comes up. Nothing happens. And we just don't know where this aircraft is.
It was, that's pretty vivid in my memory, as to, again, you could hear a pin drop in a command post that would be normally just chaotic noise.
And then we learned that it had went down somewhere; we weren't sure where at the time.
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case
- 06.15.2017 — Surveillance Video of Missing Student Yingying Zhang