Special Agent J.D.
Special Agent J.D. was the acting assistant special agent in charge for the Drug Branch in the New York Division on September 11, 2001. As a top executive, he was a critical element in coordinating the FBI’s on-scene response to the attack on the World Trade Center and the initial investigation.
There were people up there. So you can imagine, you know, friends, family, loved ones. It was the heartbreaking stories that came out, that people would talk about.
But just the idea that fellow New Yorkers or fellow Americans actually came down from those buildings. It was just absolutely horrendous, horrendous.
And to think that people would do something like that...
But during this, there was a neighbor in the building where I live. A family there...he was one of the VP's for the firm. He perished.
I remember going up there. I would go up there, nightly, usually every other night, stop in, see them, give them kind of an idea where we were in recovering folks from the building, if anybody was found alive and the like.
I'll never forget his daughter following me out from the apartment and walking me to the elevator, holding my right hand and she says, "I know my daddy's OK, my daddy has amnesia, he's just forgotten that we're here.
I just choked up...
So what they did to this country--we talked about why are people so dedicated and now focused on keeping this country safe, this city safe--it's certainly a driver.
- 02.16.2018 — FBI Safe Online Surfing (SOS) Program
- 02.09.2018 — FBI Cincinnati Hate Crime Investigation
- 02.08.2018 — Download the FBI Bank Robbers App
- 02.05.2018 — Salt Lake City ATM Robbery Attempt
- 02.02.2018 — 2017 Biometric Identification Award
- 01.26.2018 — Kidnapping in Calumet City, Illinois, December 20, 2017
- 01.17.2018 — FBI and Security Preparations for Super Bowl LII
- 01.17.2018 — Super Bowl Brings a Focus on Human Trafficking
- 01.09.2018 — E-Check Tutorial: Firearm Retrieval Questions
- 01.09.2018 — FBI Hazardous Devices School Intro
- 01.09.2018 — Training with Bomb Disposal Robots (360-Degree Video)
- 01.09.2018 — Inside the FBI’s Hazardous Devices School
- 01.02.2018 — Arizona Armed Robbery
- 12.18.2017 — Utah U.S. Attorney Discusses Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — SEC Regional Director Describes Affinity Fraud
- 12.18.2017 — Utah Fraud Victim Describes Her Ordeal
- 12.18.2017 — Salt Lake Agent Describes Affinity Fraudster Tactics
- 12.13.2017 — Milwaukee-Area Pharmacy Robberies
- 11.30.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Top Ten Fugitive Jesus Roberto Munguia
- 11.21.2017 — FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center