Special Agent A.B.
Special Agent A.B. worked near Ground Zero after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center, and served as the liaison between the FBI and the New York City Mayor’s office on victims’ issues.
When I walked outside, I remember the acrid smell in the air. And I could see the smoke from where I lived uptown. I could see straight south on Third Avenue and I could see the smoke billowing.
And I proceeded to the FDR Drive to head south and I'll never forget the eerie feeling of being the only car on the FDR Drive.
And I came around the bend. There were thousands of people covered in ash walking north on the FDR Drive, and me driving south. And that was it. And it was the scariest feeling.
And I remember driving into 26 Federal Plaza and going up to the floor that I worked on and agents were congregated around. And they were giving out assignments. And they decided that anyone who had been in the office already that morning was going to stay until midnight. And anyone who was just now reporting or wasn't in yet was going to be told to go home and come back at midnight.
By that time both towers had fallen.
There was a foot of ash everywhere.
There were people in ash, crying. It was snowing papers and ash.
And I realized that the next few months of my life belonged to this investigation and the FBI.
- 03.26.2019 — FBI and Partners Target Darknet Opioid Traffickers
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Marks 20 Years of Training at ‘Body Farm’
- 03.20.2019 — FBI Training at the ‘Body Farm’ (360º)
- 03.20.2019 — Training at Human Remains Recovery Course
- 03.13.2019 — Their Voices: Remembering 9/11
- 03.13.2019 — FBI Agents and Analysts Tour 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- 03.11.2019 — Portland Teen Academy
- 03.06.2019 — Director Discusses FBI Approach to Cyber Threats at RSA Conference
- 03.03.2019 — Former FBI Director William Webster Helps Foil Scam
- 02.27.2019 — FBI Seeking Owners in Cultural Artifacts Case
- 01.30.2019 — Partners in Prevention: Vehicle Rentals and Vehicle Ramming
- 01.24.2019 — Video Message to Employees from Director Wray
- 01.19.2019 — Robbery, BP Gas Station, Henrico County, Virginia
- 12.21.2018 — Memorial Held for Victims of Pan Am 103 Bombing
- 12.14.2018 — Trailer: Remembering Pan Am 103: 30 Years Later
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: The 'Laundry Ladies'
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Kathryn Turman
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Carole Johnson
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: Tom McCullough
- 12.14.2018 — Remembering Pan Am Flight 103: 30 Years Later