Special Agent A.B.
Special Agent A.B. worked near Ground Zero after the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center, and served as the liaison between the FBI and the New York City Mayor’s office on victims’ issues.
When I walked outside, I remember the acrid smell in the air. And I could see the smoke from where I lived uptown. I could see straight south on Third Avenue and I could see the smoke billowing.
And I proceeded to the FDR Drive to head south and I'll never forget the eerie feeling of being the only car on the FDR Drive.
And I came around the bend. There were thousands of people covered in ash walking north on the FDR Drive, and me driving south. And that was it. And it was the scariest feeling.
And I remember driving into 26 Federal Plaza and going up to the floor that I worked on and agents were congregated around. And they were giving out assignments. And they decided that anyone who had been in the office already that morning was going to stay until midnight. And anyone who was just now reporting or wasn't in yet was going to be told to go home and come back at midnight.
By that time both towers had fallen.
There was a foot of ash everywhere.
There were people in ash, crying. It was snowing papers and ash.
And I realized that the next few months of my life belonged to this investigation and the FBI.
- 09.21.2017 — Think Before You Post PSA
- 09.14.2017 — Future FBI in Training Program Provides Interactive Experience
- 08.18.2017 — Inside the FBI’s Public Access Line
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill Recalls Graduation
- 08.10.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Fulfilling a Dream
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Firearms Training
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Driving the Precision Obstacle Course (360-Degree Video)
- 08.03.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Preparing for the Field
- 08.01.2017 — 360-Degree Video of Mock Crime Scene, FBI Honolulu Adopt-a-School
- 07.31.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The First Week
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Inside the Classroom
- 07.28.2017 — Becoming an Agent: Kellie Holland’s Perspective
- 07.27.2017 — How the FBI's Adopt-a-School Program is Working in Hawaii
- 07.24.2017 — Vermont Drug-Related Forfeiture Leads to Renewal of Homes, Neighborhood
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: The ONE Program
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: John Woodill’s Perspective
- 07.18.2017 — Becoming an Agent: David Lewis’ Perspective
- 07.14.2017 — Security Video of 2013 Connecticut Jewelry Store Robbery
- 06.29.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Phillip Leron Miller
- 06.16.2017 — Wanted by the FBI: Reward Offered in Maurice Spagnoletti Murder Case